HOLALALAAAA. Introduce yourself here

2 of those tees and a sweatshirt made its way up to Dundee the other week and they’re absolutely ace. So cheers for that :wink:

2 Likes

Another Pete here, was furri on DJH. From Bolton, kosmisch in the 80s then house and techno arrived, partied in the NW, Hacienda regular 88-92, Quad, sometimes ventured to Venus or Shelleys or even that there Londinium, vivid memories of hearing French Kiss at Troll in 88. Caught the Ibiza bug then Goa. Dabbling with synths and drum machines since the mid 80s. Large publishing advance in 91, blew it, bankrupt by 96, self-pity and clouds of smoke for the rest of the 90s. Got a degree, discovered DJH, blown away by the knowledge; Baldelli etc was a revelation. Left the UK in 2007, ffwd 14 years, primary teacher now. Music is the gift that keeps on giving however, lucky to have a studio again, currently dabbling with eurocrack and Elektron boxes but seriously thinking of selling the lot and buying some decent mics and real instruments instead, still buying vinyl on and off when finances allow. Happy this place is here as a respite from the endless FB groups. :+1: :pray:

14 Likes

Nice one Chris, thanks for the support :fist:t3:

Hello everybody. My Mama calls me kava. Wellington NZ’er in Berlin since 2010. mid 90’s teenage skater / soundsystem & rave education, then Djing which lead to all types of record/format accumulation, curious about all things music. Its great to have a place to nerd out and swap and learn- so thank you! :smiley:

5 Likes

Joe, obvs :slight_smile:

Longtime lurker of ye olde Faith and DJH
Been in the trenches for time.
Yorkshire Balearic division.
Throw the odd shindig as Clandestino with @nickjsmith
Have a monthly show on Balamii
Been known to make the odd track now & then

Nice to meet you. Carry on :slight_smile:

7 Likes

whats your show called Joe??

Shades Of Sound :slight_smile:

1 Like

Andrew here from rainy Seattle…long time DJH lurker, music obsessive, semiprofessional violinist/violist. Discovered dance music via business techno avant la lettre–aka the progressive house mixes that flooded the world in the 90s. Came upon TP googling old Alfredo playlists…what a lovely idea to create a forum these days.

8 Likes

big up Seattle :wink:

1 Like

aw yeah - glad to see some PNW folks on here.

2 Likes

Hey All.

Manchester based, music obsessed southerner. Grew up amidst the burgeoning dance scene and love anything Jazz, Techno, House, Ambient, Balearic, Hip Hop, Yacht Rock, IDM, Electronic, Disco, Sleaze, Soul, Funk, Hi-NRG, Pop, Rock and all the variances in-between.

So great to have likeminded folks to bounce the music chat around with. I’ve missed it.

5 Likes

Survivor of various message boards and purveyor of fine, homemade soups

Former Co-Promoter of the Suono parties, here in Newcastle. Occasional DJ, Full Time Misery. Missing my away day Raves

I’ve been running my own Record Shop in Newcastle (586 Records), for coming up to 7 years now. Not bad for a former, Police Mug Shot Addict

Great to be back in touch, with a host of folk

X

21 Likes

Greetings all…based in old Londinium and go by the name of Sean in real life. Been wandering the binary hinterlands since the demise of DJH & Faith. Also used to post on ITK and Terrace Retro for anyone who can remember that far back and was of that persuasion :upside_down_face:

Was a mid 80’s soul boy until the ‘big bang’ of '88 changed everything forever…did some DJ’ing around town until about 93/94…had a moderately successful stint with labels/productions through the 90’s until the small person came along and everything changed forever again but in a very different way! :grinning:

Still love sitting in front of Ableton and hoping to push on with some stuff this year…

Oh, and hat doffed for getting this forum up and running!

8 Likes

Mark S, country bumpkin from the West Country originally, tempted by the bright lights of that London in 1989 and been here on and off since then. Saw the light at Rage @ Heaven initially, did a lot of raves back home, then settled back in London……Lost, Wiggle, MOS, Space, Blue Note etc, and more recently Faith etc

Worked in various record shops over the years, Record & Tape, Inner Rhythm and still a massive vinyl junkie, fuelled by TP over recent years, massive thanks for so many good tips chaps :blush:

Occasional mixes on Souncloud as Sparkomatic.

Was really only a lurker on DJH, Faith and I don’t do social media :astonished:, so this is all new to me, but a welcome distraction during all this nonsense, big props for starting it up. Looking forward to contributing, already got some good tips. Thanks all!

5 Likes

Tay checking in from Charlotte, NC :wave:

Used to lurk on DJH a fair bit. Also pretty active in various FB record nerd groups for the past decade, but stoked to have a non-social-media place to post about music.

5 Likes

yo, dirtbag Kiwi here. Living in Germany at the moment. Very happy to have somewhere to share and find tunes that doesn’t rot my brain.

4 Likes

Hello! I’m from Buenos Aires, Argentina, glad to be here!
Me and couple of friends runs a “radio show” with only nice music at
mixcloud.com/fmpagliaro

We really appreciate you listening to our show!!

2 Likes

I’m Mario, from São Paulo, Brazil.

Sadly was never a member of DJHistory, got there a bit late, but I’m in a few of the facebook and discogs groups around. Started out as a drummer, now DJ as Mario Golden Goat (stupid name, long story) around Brazil, and hopefully once this is all done, abroad too. Into good music, of all kinds, but one of my sets will usually include mostly disco, modern soul, early house and some jazz and rock oddities here and there. Not that much Brazilian music. Go figure.

Nice to be here.

4 Likes

Don’t hear about Troll much, used to love it in there, great space…

2 Likes

I remember ITK! When did that close down, around 20 years ago?!

1 Like