Hardware Jams

Cheers!

I’ve got Pamela’s New Workout, Make Noise Maths, MI Veils, ALM MCO, ALM MUM M8, Pico DSP and Crea8 Audio East Beast just now, in a TipTop Audio Mantis case.

Veils is doing all the heavy lifting here really, along with the ability to split the MCO into sub, PWM and wave, it’s a very versatile combo!

I’m already looking at Noise Engineering Lapsus Os and DivKid Mutes. It’s not an addiction! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Plus I really fancy the Music Thing Modular Turing Machine. Pamela’s New Workout does do Euclidean sequencing but it’s a bit menu divey whereas the Turing Machine is really hands on, no menu diving and for performance the ability to lock the sequence is essential.

I’m using the Volca Kick on this track. Plus the 1010 Music Blackbox doing hats, percussion and textures, all recorded straight into the 1010 Music Bluebox mixer.

2 Likes

Love the idea of modular, just feel overwhelmed when looking at options. Been messing about with the Cherry Audio Modular thingy which is good fun albeit a steep learning curve.

1 Like

It is quite overwhelming! I watched a ton of videos, spoke to a few people and really still wasn’t sure where to go with it. But in the end I took the plunge with a few modules I liked the sound of, or thought would be useful, and took it from there. I’m still very very early into the whole thing!

The guy I produce with is a little further in than me. With our Dissonance Network duo thing we’ve decided our next gigs in 2023 are going to be improvised fully modular Techno. God help us.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m still too much of a synthesis virgin to go down that road just yet. Looks a lot of fun though.

Good luck fella!

1 Like

I think the new pams pro does the Euclidean thing a little easier…

1 Like

I heard that! Improved display too :ok_hand:

1 Like

I sold a fair bit of kit to get Perkons. So far I’ve only scratched the surface of what it can do, but it’s doing a fair bit of bass/melodic in this jam. It’s such an amazing instrument.

5 Likes

Their new Syntrx II looks the business.

1 Like

Yeah! So much good stuff around just now.

Just managed to snag the Stolperbeats drum sequencer so now I inevitably want more drum modules!

Chuggy 100bpm jam with PĒRKONS doing most parts other than kick, clap and hat and second bassline, samples on Blackbox. Delay on Perkons is ace!

7 Likes

Messing around with Stolperbeats and other euro bits and pieces.

Stolping

1 Like

Been meaning to see if Perkons could do a solo jam for a while. Starts Ambient/Drone, goes Techno. Gets a bit Spastik towards the end :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

Another solo Perkons jam, love this mad thing :laughing:

6 Likes

Ahh nice. Hadn’t seen this thread!

1 Like

New gear day, at last time to release my inner Hiroshi Yoshimura :blush:

3 Likes

Nice! Think I had a play around with that when it was released

1 Like

From my set last night, with daughter

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cy95Tybokmi/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

5 Likes

Unmixed, not arranged, and very very busy! I recorded a slower tempo jam the other night with the Perkons and my Modular case and then thought 'What this needs is some sloppy Bass VI" :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I’ll definitely work on this though

Good jam. Love the Pierre Henry bleeps stuff v cool

1 Like