Hardware Jams

Let’s see your flow. Sequencing boxes whilst employing all available digits and nudging a fader with your toe…

Here’s one of mine with the Blackbox going into a Tascam for some saturation

7 Likes

Yes J_C. Nice work! :ok_hand:

1 Like

nice tune and sick atmosphere. and you got it on video too. don’t expect many others are ticking as many boxes. keep the vids coming!

i’m not familiar with this kit on the left, are all the sounds going into the desk from that via individual outputs?

1 Like

Nice one. I’ve seen Ricky Tinez get a fair bit out of these boxes on YouTube.

1 Like

Yeah the Blackbox has got three stereo outputs you can split to make six mono. I’ve grouped a few things together via the outputs, the kick is by itself, the hats and atmosphere/FX are grouped and the stab and something else is grouped (can’t remember what just now). Then I’ve got those going into three channels on the Tascam. It’s a great little box, very versatile. Cheers for comments :ok_hand:

Yeah Ricky Tinez uses one. I need to get a controller for mine. Cheers!

Thank you for kind words!

I dug it. Smooth. Could you tweak it at 4.11 to go into French Kiss? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Possibly. Can you hum it for me?

1 Like

Yeah, what the hell.

Improvised electronic music has always been a bit of a holy grail for me, so recently I decided to start live stream just that from my studio. Me, making music without anything pre-prepared, at the same time trying to keep it interesting for you as a viewer/listener (there will be no cycling through 30 different kick drums to find the “right” one).

No post-recording edits on the video either, so you’ll get both the good and the bad parts. And the good and the bad sessions. :wink: I figured some of you might find it interesting, so here’s the first one. More to come in the coming weeks and months. Hope you enjoy it. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Wicked set up Marius. : )

2 Likes

Thanks. And yeah, should be able to make music for a few lifetimes with this.

How’s your modular doing? Still growing? :wink:

1 Like

Been too busy to get near the studio but will do soon. :blush:

2 Likes

Gonna check this in a while!

1 Like

Been rediscovering my ‘Studio’… :rofl:

3 Likes

Is that a Nord?..

1 Like

Another (overlong!) jam. I really should return to this and mix it properly in the DAW. It could use a big eff off bass guitar on it I reckon…

3 Likes

Nord Lead 1, had it since they came out, goes in the cupboard for a few years then comes out again, hours of endless fun, not much it can’t do, to me at least… bit laborious multi-tracking everything, but will often do a part in a Logic soft synth then voice again with the Nord. Much more fun twiddling actual knobs.

1 Like

Lush Marius! Is that the RD-6? You’re using the kick from the TR-8S?

Thanks! :blush:

No, that’s a real TR-606. Yes, using a kick from the TR8S. I believe it’s a Linn sample I’ve loaded on to it myself.

1 Like