Getting through lockdown tip sheet

Embarrassingly it was. Shows what a rubbish teen skater I was! Some dude in New Zealand bought it off eBay.

3 Likes

Indeed a classic setup. I had a Vision Agent Orange around that time. It was easier to get into town on than the little freestyle deck.
I watch a lot of skate vids now, some instructional which is really helpful and just some crazy good stuff.
I watched Chin with my kids a couple of weeks ago. It’s aged pretty well and they were blown away by the pool skating.
There’s a skater called Andy Anderson from Canada, he’s on Powell and just put out a short vid called Seen Him.
Different class and seems like a really interesting guy. I’ll link it if i can find it quickly.
@elzorro Thanks a lot, I appreciate it. I know there a lot worse off than me. Last year seemed easy compared to the last couple of months. But yes, sun shine, outdoors, onwards and upwards​:+1::pray:

5 Likes

Andy is a breath of fresh air for skating. Really like his videos a mix of all styles…

3 Likes

I remember having a Plan B VHS that we used to watch non stop.

Found it on the tube :grinning:

https://youtu.be/8sEXCfX0rdk

3 Likes

Have this ever slick re issue of the blind Jason Lee burger from 1990. The trucks I have are a bit small have to get 9.75 ones it’s 10’ at the widest…

3 Likes

While we’re on Skating, this chap knows his onions, Ellis Frost. Incredible stuff in a very relaxed style, with no one taking a blind bit of notice at the skate park :joy::joy:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CN22Z3gHKP4/?igshid=bm5ms3or12ej

I started skating again more often during lockdown due to my oldest daughter getting into it. It’s hard to shake off the fear when attempting anything so I don’t get too excited but it’s surprising how quickly you pick the basics back up. Seeing her developing the bug as she gradually gets the hang of it is the most satisfying aspect. Also very refreshing to see how many girls skate now as well as older skaters teaching their kids.

4 Likes

the Jason lee boards were excellent. still have the bowie one in the loft.

2 Likes

The one got was 1 of 300 made by some shop in USA but Jason Lee wasn’t to happy about it so they changed it to krusty Burger :roll_eyes: they also done a vegan burger one that sold out before this… You should look at ebay the original Bowie deck in good condition go for alot of money…

1 Like

Yeah one of my mates was on about that. Not much chance of a decent price though. :joy:

4 Likes

Made my first board with a pulled apart rollerskate nailed to a length of wood in about 75, was all about downhill then. Used to sneak into school and skate down the flag entrance slope. My mate joined me one evening never having tried it. Caught a stone and flew… broke his fibula, bone was poking out his leg, Police, Ambulance etc. He still limps. Didn’t skate for a while after that…

Laura Thornhill was my first crush :grin:

3 Likes

Been revisiting a lot of those late 80s/early 90s videos on you tube. A turning point for street skating.

3 Likes

Yeah, it was a great time. Watched a few last night. One of the happiest times for me - just hanging around with mates, care free and obsessed with music and skateboarding.

2 Likes

The connection with the soundtrack is so strong as well given the amount of times you used to watch them. This Spotify playlist of classic skate videos has a few gems.

2 Likes

You be surprised especially as a complete guys buy them and restore them…

1 Like

One hour left in work and off for 3 days, sun is shining I’ll be home alone for few hours :pray: and there’s two 660ml estrella galicia in the fridge.

1 Like

Eight Dayz I still listen to them from time to time

2 Likes

For all your late 80s and early 90s skate video soundtrack needs, courtesy of Jenkem:

https://www.mixcloud.com/jenkemmag/mcshred-neil-nices-skate-rock-mix/

2 Likes

I’ve just had our local shitty timber BMX park be reimagined as this wonderful thing.

I’ve only had one afternoon down there with my son since it’s opened, but need to find some me time to commit to getting the old sea legs working again.

Any TP sk8 Dads in London E7 give me a shout.

@shake A little bit more refined that the gravel we grew up skating eh? You need to come up sometime soon.

3 Likes

That looks nice

1 Like