Getting through lockdown tip sheet

Yeah, it was a great time. Watched a few last night. One of the happiest times for me - just hanging around with mates, care free and obsessed with music and skateboarding.

2 Likes

The connection with the soundtrack is so strong as well given the amount of times you used to watch them. This Spotify playlist of classic skate videos has a few gems.

2 Likes

You be surprised especially as a complete guys buy them and restore them…

1 Like

One hour left in work and off for 3 days, sun is shining I’ll be home alone for few hours :pray: and there’s two 660ml estrella galicia in the fridge.

1 Like

Eight Dayz I still listen to them from time to time

2 Likes

For all your late 80s and early 90s skate video soundtrack needs, courtesy of Jenkem:

https://www.mixcloud.com/jenkemmag/mcshred-neil-nices-skate-rock-mix/

2 Likes

I’ve just had our local shitty timber BMX park be reimagined as this wonderful thing.

I’ve only had one afternoon down there with my son since it’s opened, but need to find some me time to commit to getting the old sea legs working again.

Any TP sk8 Dads in London E7 give me a shout.

@shake A little bit more refined that the gravel we grew up skating eh? You need to come up sometime soon.

3 Likes

That looks nice

1 Like

That looks great. Yeah would be up for that. Ive only been frequenting SE skate parks so far. I spend a lot of time getting speed up, psyching myself up for something adventurous then bailing at the last minute. Went to Folkestone Gardens last weekend which is good.

1 Like

2 Likes

My local with a garden has finally re-opened. Friday evening cold pint after work = return of my “flow”!

Banishing the languishing! There is a future.

3 Likes

A walk in the woods and down to a little cove

7 Likes

So, quite literally, “down to the sea and back”
Nice.

1 Like

Jealous. Can’t tell you how much I would love to be near the sea.

Just getting outdoors in some form is really worth doing.

We went for a walk yesterday, after work/school to a spot where we can feed chickadees (they’ll literally fly down on to your hand and eat from it). Wasn’t really in the mood, but my daughter really wanted to, and I’m glad we did.

Some woodpeckers got in on the action as well :slight_smile: and we also saw loads of cardinals (something that still makes me beam with pleasure, as we don’t get them in the UK and the males are a vibrant red and there’s nothing like it) and a few blue jays (which we haven’t seen before, not been down there for a week or so).

Loads of squirrels, didn’t see any chipmunks this time but my daughter had those eating out of her hand, too, on previous visits (and a baby squirrel last time, which was beyond cute even compared to the other critters!)

3 Likes

This whole palaver has definitely made up my mind to move out the city, and in particular, to be near the sea again.

1 Like

Being near the sea has been life changing since moving out of London. The chance every week to go and just stare into the big blue is very calming. I love watching the light play over the surface of the water and dream of what’s out there. This was Dorset in February this year

5 Likes

My goto stop couple of minutes from our house great for sunrise

7 Likes

That’s stunning mate. A beautiful part of the country. There’s something special about the wide openness about being on the coast. Once my youngest goes to university next September, I’m definitely looking at my options.

1 Like

Nice. You’re on the west coast of Ireland, right? Looks great.