Football & All Things Related

The Byrne’s are huge Liverpool fans so any player at all gets the VIP treatment, I’m no good for names but a mate was there and he said ex players from years ago were swaning around like they just won the league…
Lee Byrne is the son with Gerrards daughter (no involvement in crime) always comes after his name when mentioned in the press, he sued some paper for alot of money few years ago.

Massive win for us, between last week’s win and Ross County getting beat the last 2 games it’s gotten us off the bottom and psychologically that’s huge. Goodwin has just maybe arrived in time….

1 Like

With the players you have, you shouldn’t be where you are. I reckon you’ll be fine, especially going into the split in good form.

1 Like

3 wins in 3 :facepunch:

1 Like

Huge again this week, County tossed again too! Killie staying in it. It’s close as hell but what a difference.

1 Like

Sore one for Arsenal!

1 Like

4 Likes

Surely he will give up after this? He must realise he hasn’t got the skill set ? Mind you if muppet clubs keep offering money then no wonder he keeps taking it.

2 Likes

Exactly - why give up when you keep getting the gigs. I look at what our man Mark Robins has done at Cov… Taken us from arse end of Division 4 upto play-off contenders for the PL circus, in a less than favourable environment (playing home games in Birmingham, transfer embargoes, real toxic at times with the Board etc etc) I’m astonished and relieved that no one has been sniffing around him. Then again football has never made any sense. PUSB.

3 Likes

The way the contracts are structured they all wait to be pushed and take the pay-out. Some managers have made lucrative careers out of it. Why do they keep getting jobs? Sometimes they are the only candidate available it seems.

Doesn’t seem to be any science to it at that same time. We have an interim manager who had a catastrophic time at his previous club and so far he’s turning it around for us. Frank record seems to be consistently dire mind you…

1 Like

Scottish Cup semi-final tomorrow for the mighty Inverness Caledonian Thistle. Forza Caley Sempre.

2 Likes

Good luck!

I’m not feeling confident for our game on Sunday.

1 Like

disappointing for sure but we’ve had a good season. Of course, people will moan about us having nothing to show for it, but they also fail to note that Haaland is basically on a 860 thousand p/w weekly earning. You know, we can’t just be like Man City. I don’t think any premier league club can be really.

We await the PL sanctions for their financial doping ie cheating. Not holding my breath.

1 Like

the absolute worst that will happen is City get deducted 15 points before the start of a season in like, 4 years time, and miss out on a title. I can’t see any further action being taken. Even that’s pushing it. I’m sure they’ll get at least two top signings this summer whilst everyone else scraps.

A guy that I used to work with visited every ground and wrote a haiku about each one https://www.amazon.co.uk/Doing-92-Haiku-2022-23-ebook/dp/B0C4RDR5KN

3 Likes

Rooted to the bottom after yesterday. At least the sun was out and the beers were flowing :sunglasses:

1 Like

Absolutely sensational display of support from the arsenal lot today after getting to within a few games of the title.

1 Like

Unbelievable

1 Like

Gustavo.