Football & All Things Related

Well weirdly you might be right. I’m really considering cancelling my license fee but then I think it’s a madly important institution. :man_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

The tories will definitely bring the funding of the bbc in to the argument. They hate the bbc but have coerced it in to toeing their line. I doubt they have enough time left in office to do anything significant though.

1 Like

I think this sort of debate is exactly what makes the BBC so important. Whether they are right or wrong in this specific issue is one thing (and I’m not alluding to my opinion of that here), but often the Left think they are too Right and the Right think they are too left and that’s what generally sees them somewhere in the middle.

The mail bash them for woke comedians and the guardian bash them for being in the governments pocket etc. it helps us stay away from the self-reinforcement algorithms of social media or even to some extent reading the same paper every day.

There aren’t many journalistic organisations around that aren’t allowed to express an opinion and that must be a very hard line to tread.

Not always right, not always wrong and certainly not perfect.

4 Likes

Cancelled ours a while back, refuse to back their Tory pandering / non critical path they seem to be on via the Tory meddling and appointments.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Fucking football. Keep killing me every week.

Good post and tend to agree. This row is peak culture wars in many ways and there’s no room for nuance with that as we know sadly.

Do think the Beeb has scored a spectacular own goal here though, I bet they werent expecting their flagsghip sports programmes to fold like a pack of cards when they raked Lineker over the coals. Embarassing shambles and I wonder whose head will roll first

Said to the missus last week whose a Red, watch thrm go and get beat at Bournemouth next week. Should have stuck a bet on

It’s funny seeing the usual free speech mob giving up their principles when it’s someone/issue they don’t agree with.

Almost like they’re hypocritical rubes…

Absolutely horribly and totally predictable. City away next…

Great night tonight. On holidays until next Tuesday went out to watch Ireland v France tonight knowing there was some live music after. Then saw some home town hero’s and alot of gear set up :thinking: what a great start to the week.

From tonight after the match

Wow! What a game :slightly_smiling_face:

Was lovely watching it with my old man who took me to my first Scotland game on his shoulders over 30 years ago.

4 Likes

Brilliant performance from Scotland. Andy Robbo outstanding as always, the best left back in the world!

3 Likes

Amazing game, haven’t really been a massive follower of our National team but this was some performance. Made a change from watching United every week. Speaking of which, Rangers away on Saturday :grimacing:

1 Like

Used to follow Scotland more when I was younger and still watch most games. I’m still always happy to get back to club football, although now watching it on the telly from afar.

Bring on Saturday!

Badly needed 3 points for us today. Decent crowd at Tannadice. Fair play to Hibs they brought a good support through and you just can’t beat an 88min penalty to wrap it up and send them home :smiley:

Some woeful misses today, and at the back Mulgrew is a bomb scare as is our keeper.

Old Firm yesterday, that Morelos goal that got chopped….absolute nonsense that

1 Like

Massive win for you today. Going to be a proper scrap once after the split. Good luck mate.

Yeah, thought VAR would give the goal. Ultimately we weren’t clinical and they were, although we gifted them the chances.

1 Like

Breaking news here at the weekend that wasn’t news to many people that kinahan (organised crime group) as called have a massive share in Wayne Lineker business empire in Ibiza mainly with Ocean beach. Hence all the retired Liverpool footballers and love island rejects that frequent the place week in week out, It has the whole day time market sown up say for people who want to buy tickets.,bracelets and any other types of Cds and Rugs :wink: for the night ahead. The area around there has a booming day time market. At least Gary took the heat away from Wayne for a few weeks Lol. Would I let my kids go there, no Fn way.

2 Likes

@Chris another cracking result for you. Goodwin seems to be turning things around.

1 Like

Which retired Liverpool players? Gerrards daughter is involved with Liam Byrne but thats about it.