Football & All Things Related

Unfortunately, fans of all clubs sing sick chants. Liverpool fans were happy to sing IRA chants to try and get a reaction the other week. My own club has our fair share of morons. I have been involved in a fan group with the goal of getting rid of it with some success, but it’s ultimately disheartening tbh.

Too many supporters believe because they pay large sums to follow their club, they can shout and sing what they want. There’s a reason football is so far behind almost all other sports when it comes to gay players coming out for instance.

6 Likes

Call me naive but… Every inch of these stadiums is monitored by hi-res CCTV, you can’t rock up to a game and pay on the gate so they pretty much know who’s sat in every seat (or at least who bought the ticket). Review the CCTV after the game, pick out 20 or 30 of them and ban them for life, then do it again until the message is heard. Publicise it too so everyone is in no doubt. Clubs coming out and condemning the actions of a ‘small minority’ doesn’t wash. They need to do more.

4 Likes

Look at how shit UEFA are when it comes to racism. Late kick offs, flares, and fines are handed out like confetti. Clear cases of racism… nothing.

2 Likes

The Up The RA thing has only been sung v Rangers and for obvious reasons given the anti English anti Royal anti Tory stance of large numbers of match going Liverpool support and the perceived views of Rangers as a club and their support. I don’t agree with it and its not got any traction at other matches.

Qatar wouldn’t get out of League One.

I reckon they would still beat the County Road Blues though :wink:

Sore one :rofl:

1 Like

they won a trophy this weekend, Sydney Super Cup :laughing:

1 Like

:joy: I can see a trophy parade on the horizon

1 Like

Saudi Arabia today :hushed: a coupon buster as we say up here.

France turning up and in control of this game for
Now

2 Likes

Although we’re boycotting it, my Mrs is convinced SA paid off the Argentinians, given the whole debacle so far doesn’t seem beyond the bounds of possibility :laughing:

2 Likes

Top quality goal from SA to go 2-1 up, but Argentina had 3 goals chopped off in 13 minutes (wtf?) I haven’t seen them to say they were clear cut but everything fell into place for SA. She may have a point!

The atmosphere has been pretty soul-less so far. You’ve not missed any of that World Cup magic. It’s likely to improve surely but on the whole its dirty from the top down, but that’s big football now. CL final in Baku, nonsense.

2 Likes

Not watched any of it so far, and not just because Scotland didn’t make it. I was 18 the last time they did :astonished:

3 Likes

I said exactly the same when my mate texted me the result 1978 vibes… For Peru and grain swap Saudis and oil. :thinking: :grinning:

1 Like

@Discophrenia whats the latest on your hunt for a new manager?

Canada battering Belgium at the minute.

1 Like

Stale play, they’re going home next week after three ties methinks

Belgium flattered by that scoreline. They’ve been all over the place

Yup, what a poxy goal for them as well, a route one sunday league long ball straight down the middle

1 Like

No idea tbh. Seen a few names mentioned. Beale seems to be favourite according to the bookies. Brilliant coach, but not sold on him as manager yet - good start with QPR followed by a bad run. He will have less pressure there to learn and grow, plus the chance of getting to the EPL.

Then;

Gerrard - Not for me. Love the guy, but it was already starting to go stale at the end (possibly due to relations with the board. However, he wanted financial backing whilst not selling any first team players. Unrealistic with covid).

Dyche - Done brilliantly with Burnley on a relatively small budget. Very old school.

Parker - No. Just no.

Muscat - Managing in Japan, ex player/ex assistant to Postecoglou. Has the feel of a lazy throw a name in by the media. Little knowledge of him as a manager tbf.

Martindale - Worth it for the shits ‘n’ giggles :joy: Love the guy, especially for what he’s achieved after everything.

Hassenhuttl - Interesting. Not sure though.

Some other names, but I pay less and less attention to football out with Rangers and Scotland these days that I don’t know enough about them. I just hope it’s done quickly and they get time during the WC to work with the players.

1 Like