Football & All Things Related

Rugby Park is a decent away trip. Shame about the pitch though.

1 Like

Fabulous result for England last night, and a cheeky back heel goal for the ages. Imagine if Messi had scored that. Never hear the end of it. All set up nicely for Sunday now. Imagine if the girls can go one better than the men and win a major final at Wembley

1 Like

On an Ibiza forum years ago someone asked were there any Firms in ibiza? lol him and mates were going out for a holiday and wouldnā€™t mind scrap one of the daysā€¦ :rofl:

1 Like

That was some win tbf. Really enjoyed all the quarters. The England v Spain game felt like a proper classic Euros/WC game.

Hahaha as you do :rofl: Pretty sure the firm(s) over there arenā€™t the sunburnt football types :eyes:

1 Like

So thatā€™s our season underway up here :scotland: Up against Kilmarnock all the way then down to 10 men (Harkes 2 yellows) Killie notch in 90+1

The rollercoaster starts again. Love it!

Plusā€¦ā€¦European football returns to Tannadice on Thursday night!

2 Likes

What a win, bossed it from the first whistle. City sulked big time and refused to get their losers medals :laughing:
Its great to be back at it.

1 Like

Shite to concede right at the end. I expect Utd to have another good season tbh. You, Hearts and Aberdeen are all looking strong squad wise and good managers.

Do you play this coming Thursday?

Yeah weā€™re at home to AZ Alkmaar on Thursday. Great to get European nights back, hopefully we can do something over the 2 legs!

Thatā€™s a tough draw, but nice away day.
You going for the away trip?

Not going to be an easy round for sure. I would love to have gone, loads of our lot have booked but weā€™ve got Ibiza in a few weeks so financial canā€™t do both unfortunately!

Love a Euro away. Had some great trips to Finland, Poland Athens over the last few years. Athens was an odd one, AEKā€™s pitch wasnā€™t up to Uefa standard so they moved the tie to Panioniosā€™ stadium but their fans went nuts at the thought of their rivals being in their stadium so broke in at night and wrecked the pitch so it got moved to Olympiacos stadium on the condition that no AEK fans were to be allowed in. So there was 800 of us in the top corner of a 40,000 seater and no one else. Bizarre!

2 Likes

Riga/Gil Vicente if you get past Alkmaar. Couple of potential nice away trips there.
We got the worst possible draw against PSV/Monaco. Tough.

1 Like

Yeah thatā€™s a decent one for us if we get through. Either looks like a great away trip. Hearts have got to be happy with theirā€™s too.

Thatā€™s a very tough one for you!

1 Like

All these games will be pretty tough going I reckon, especially this early in the season. Hopefully all of us can get into the group stages and boost the coefficient.

1 Like

@Chris Good luck tonight mate!

Iā€™m still in a bad mood about Tuesday, bloody football!

1 Like

Brilliant result! And well deserved.

Delighted for Glenn. A great young lad and player.

1 Like

Thanks mate, what a night last night!! Unreal goal for Glenn Middleton, great link up play and deadly finish

1 Like

Was really impressed with that performance. You canā€™t beat European nights imo.

1 Like

Of to the see Spurs tomorrow, taking my son with me (his first game*) .
Hoping he enjoys it even if just its just the spectacle, as he doesnt like football.
He does though like train journeys and japanese curry both of which I used to encourage (bribe) him into coming tomorrow.

*I did take him to see Plymouth Argyle once when he was really young, but it was very rainy on the day, an awful atmosphere, and the stadium is ten minutes walk from our house so it wasnt that exciting. He hated every minute :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:smiley:sounds very similar to my boy, took him to see Cov when he was 6, he thought it was time to go home at HT (although we were 0-2 down so couldnā€™t really blame him!) but we did come back to win 3-2. But heā€™s not really too bothered.

He too likes trains and may fancy a trip up North though to see Rangers.

If youā€™re lad likes Japanese curry AND Japanese trains thereā€™s a good bloke on YouTube - Kugaā€™s Travel. Very zen and nice trips around the country on shinkansen, ferries etc.

Enjoy the game.

2 Likes