Football & All Things Related

First game back at the football tomorrow against the Hotspurs of Tottenham. It might only be a friendly, but I can’t wait.

1 Like

Seems like the season never ended. I’m on holiday but also wanting it to be next Saturday for the Community Shield and seeing a load of mates again.

1 Like

I was emotionally drained after last season and was looking forward to some rest :joy:

Feeling ready to go again now.

1 Like

Same here, was a ride. Jurgen makes it crazy, wouldn’t have it any other way tho.

1 Like

Me too, that Europa League final was a real choker. Also remember them saying about 38c in Seville thinking that must be horrible, then having it here on Tuesday. Bonkers.

1 Like

Crazy heat. The fact there was little available water was a disgrace.

Missed the West Ham game due to work, but watched the game later and we ripped them apart in the first 20-25 minutes of the second half. Spurs will be another good test.

Hopefully make the CL groups this year.

Still waiting find out if we are playing in Holland or Bosnia in the Euro league

1 Like

27th Season ticket in a row

7 Likes

Not an easy round either way, especially this early in the season.

How you feeling for the season with the new manager?
I was surprised that Courts left tbh. Done really well and could’ve built on that.

1 Like

Mixed feelings mate. He took pelters from our lot whilst getting us 4th and into Europe…and still have mates that are tearing him a new one. Would he have done that again? Doubtful, but wtf to complain about?

Jack Ross has the pedigree but we’re about to find out if that means anything!

Bigger issue is our American owners are into us for $14m now and are starting to realise this isn’t an investment environment, more of a donation haha. Hopefully they see the funny side and have deep pockets and forgiving families

1 Like

As an aside, my wife worked with Tam Courts in his last job before he took the youth development position at UTD. He was with Kelty Hearts at the time. Let’s just say she gave me some early insights into his management style :crazy_face:

1 Like

As a lifelong Forest fan I am very excited about this season.

2 Likes

@Francois_Parker

Did you manage to get a ticket for the game today?

No :frowning:
I didnt even nearly get one, they sold out at Season Ticket holder level, and Im two membership levels down from that.
So I’ll be watching from my living room this afternoon and hoping we bring home the Walter Tull Trophy!
#COYS

2 Likes

Yeah pleased to see Forest back in the PL, always had a bit of a soft spot for them. Proper old school club.

2 Likes

Ah shame. Knew the away section sold out pretty quick. I believe Jermaine Defoe will be presenting the trophy.

Hopefully a good game and test before the season starts.

1 Like

Decent game for a preseason friendly. We were pretty flat, especially in the second half. Was surprised how much Spurs sat back at times - very hard to breakdown though and I guess that fits Conte’s style.

Kane & Son are just fantastic footballers.

1 Like

There seemed to be a small group of Spurs fans (teamed up with Aberdeen casuals for some reason) intent on having a fight. Will never understand that mindset tbh, but especially at a friendly game with loads of kids and families. Weird behaviour.

1 Like

Lads turning up for a row at a friendly….grow up ffs.

I know a lot of older boys that were active in their younger years but now meet up for a pint before away games with their opposites they used to scrap with and laugh about old war stories.

1 Like

Away to Kilmarnock on Saturday to kick start our season. Got that pre-season optimism that seems to crash and burn after 20mins of day 1 :laughing:

Train booked and ticket bought anyway. Here we go again!

1 Like