Football & All Things Related

A very good piece.

4 Likes

“Wishes to sincerely apologize”

You’d think they would have taken down the two big lies (late arrivals, ticket-less fans) off their own website if that was the case. But they haven’t. Fuck them.

1 Like

Probably a bit late on this but found out UEFA are inviting South American teams to participate in the Nations League in the coming years, a clear F-you to FIFA (those upstanding custodians of the world game and ‘football family’).

It’s enough to make you switch off from it all. At the moment I aim not to watch the upcoming circus of a World Cup - seen everyone since Mexico 86, but this one in November :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: is awful on so many levels.

Brilliant and honest article by Neil.

Uefa - apology not accepted by LFC you lying corrupt bunch of gammons :fu:

1 Like

On a positive tip.
I statred going to the Football again last year for the first time since the mid 90s and Im loving every minute of it (well not the games we loose but apart from those).
I used to go to Plymouth Argyle games in the mid 90s more for the beer and hanging out with the lads than the football.
I hardly paid any attenion to Football until the Euro’s last year which I loved and then somehow (probably because Kane was in the Euro’s) re-spraked my love for my childhood team Spurs.
I’d not followed Spurs since the early 80s! and now 40 odd years latter I get on the train and head up to N17 to watch the mighty Spurs as often as I can. My first game was the first game of the season last year (2021) and I cant wait for the start of this season. And I’ve been to Argyle a few times this year also (I live 10 mins walk from the stadium) , but again its more to hang out with the lads to be honest.

2 Likes

A huge part of it is the social part of it for me. My next game is a pre season friendly against Spurs up here. Should be a decent turnout.

I’ve applied for a ticket for that game, Im quite far down the pecking order when it comes to ticket allocation, but I got my fingers crossed.

1 Like

French authorities claims collapsing around them. Apologies for the tear gassing and now admiting they made up the 40k fake tickets number.

1 Like

Was always going to happen. Such grand, sweeping inaccuracies being strongly denied by thousands on the ground who were there, including high profile media types. Embarrassing

1 Like

All CCTV from around the ground has now been deleted. Shame for them that so many fans and journalists had already recorded it

1 Like

ROI v Scotland

:joy:

1 Like

Just checked the score :astonished:

Could’ve scored a few more too

Any interest for the Womens Euro’s? Good to see England off to a winning, if nervy start

Didn’t watch the game last night, but will be watching some games, along with Wimbledon over the next week.

I saw a bit of it including the goal. Will definitely be keeping an eye on the tournament.

1 Like

The truth got out eventually, it couldnt not do but it was refreshing that the French Senate actually did their job and exonerated Liverpool supporters for the debacle at stade de france. If only mobiles were around in 1989.

3 Likes

After a bit of a meandering start and some very one side matches the Euros exploded into life last night with a proper match between England and Spain. We were going out with six minutes to go after a very tricky Spanish side went one nil up in the second half. We couldnt find a breakthrough until Toone poked it in on the 84th. That sent it to extra time and England’s tails were up and a blockbuster from Stanway sealed it in the 96th. Onwards!

3 Likes

Great game of football and a brilliant result.

1 Like

Agree. Cracking game last night.