E’s - Why can’t they make them like the old days?

Cheers :ok_hand:

I don’t think I’ve done one for 15 years :flushed:

Give it a go now, your brain may have reset itself, it’ll be amazing!

6 Likes

I haven’t done anything in about 12 years and all this talk of a brain reset etc. has definitely piqued my interest.

5 Likes

It’s been 15-16 years for me. I used to really suffer with the next day and while most of my friends would carry on all day i’d have to bail and crash early, once i’d had enough that was me. And the next few days were hell too. I ended up getting really low and having what I can only call ‘brain zaps’ in the following days. I couldn’t deal with the aftermath again.

4 Likes

Interestingly, when they have used MDMA in trials, no one ever reported having a massive crash 2-3 days afterwards.

1 Like

I must have taken hundreds (thousands?) over the years. A lot of fun at times and some amazing tunes & parties, and some lifelong friends but if I’m really honest it was negative for relationships, family stuff, ambition, memory, and it felt shady at times, leading this constant double life with the real world… Still paying price now with moodswings, lost confidence and lack of direction. One reason for leaving London was I never got anything done. The weekend was everything and years were lost. You’re very innocent at the start and you don’t notice how it all takes over. Am not an ‘anti’ btw, but restrict to very occasional events now and that’s it. Maybe that’s age too? Obv i miss ‘bank hol specials’ where there was no tmrw but never good to hark back… everyone is different, of course

13 Likes

This is the best one not just ecstasy but when you see the amount of stuff in the bags of dope tested from the US it’s crazy.

2 Likes

might have something to do with the controlled environment and not all of us having a few spliffs, maybe a drink or two, dancing our arses off for hours/days and then maybe something to help with the come down. I will say when I had a mild crush on a girl in uni many, many years ago she invited me over to hers at about 8am to listen to music and take a dove and I didn’t have the crash. We only drank water. I’ve had worse days I might add.

7 Likes

I take them (or anything really these days) very occasionally, and enjoy myself immensely. I treat them as an occasional gift.

3 Likes

I maybe have one 3 times a year, and although I think that they feel different, mainly physically, I still enjoy myself and music still sounds great on them.

1 Like

Stopped for similar reasons. Have always suffered from anxiety anyway and it just made that worse a couple of days after, and in the end it wasn’t worth it. I’ve never been that into them and managed long periods without even in my 20s/30s.

3 Likes

I haven’t had any in years. Would love to have a crack again but wouldn’t know where to start as I no longer frequent night spots!

3 Likes

Same.

Convenanza was rather good in that regard. Allegedly.

3 Likes

I’m actually amazed no-one has ever rebooted ye olde Doves. Surely anyone doing that would absolutely clean up?

4 Likes

My faves were the Yellow Callies around in '89. Oof tingles

5 Likes

Pink hearts few years ago with love on one side and dance on the other were the nearest too anything from the early 90s, soundcloud this everyone who got the right ones I think they were flat rather than curved, punishers are very strong. I myself prefer MDA pill just that little bit more energy.

1 Like

I got hold of a load of pink hearts around 2005, out of Bristol. Actual proper heart shaped things. Unbelievably good. I had a wicked batchelor pad at the time and evey Friday night it was all back to mine with bowls of the little fellas all over the place. Good times…:rofl:

11 Likes

Yeah it was around then, I had a Google some were stamped with love or dance others were just blank… I remember being at home and I took half before my Mrs got in from work that night she opened the door and said wtf did you take lol so she took half had a shower and within 20 minutes she said I’m fck off my head already… Good times

3 Likes