Clobber - a clothes thread

I had a pair in suede. They looked great on but they weren’t very practical, or comfortable, and the soles weren’t good in inclement weather.

I wouldn’t buy another pair.

Have you tried them on?

2 Likes

No I’ve not. I like the look but I fear they would be uncomfortable!

2 Likes

I had a similar experience with them. They absolutely killed my ankles for some reason. Disappointing cos they look great.

1 Like

Ordered a pair to try. Way too small. I’d need a half size up but only full sizes on sale. Sent 'em back. Didn’t actually love the colour or sole IRL anyway

This website! Action Man vibes. Kinda want! :rofl:

1 Like

Sadly, my printer is no longer in the game, plus I really don’t have the time atm. Sorry.

Maybe one day though. I still have a dream of my own studio somewhere where I can screen print to my hearts content…

6 Likes

Looks like issue 11 is incoming folks…

7 Likes

Asking for a friend - can you have too many navy/denim/dark blue/indigo coloured shirts?!

Follow up question - How many is too many?!

I am starting to look at shirts on eBay/online and think about buying them for when the current batch of denim shirts wear out - but there is no chance of them wearing out as I don’t wear them enough.

See also, white plain t shirts, grey plain t shirts and navy plain t shirts.

This all started in the pandemic. When I found a few american online brands. Before that I was high street and didn’t think twice.
There are so many niche brands that do nice stuff.

6 Likes

I did this with maroon/ dusty pink/ coral sweatshirts last Autumn. Bought loads of them, some second hand on Vinted, some brand new. All nice enough but none of them ‘perfect’. None of them were ‘the one’.

I do also have a thing for the perfect navy/ denim shirt. Short sleeved, long sleeved, dark denim, light, chambray, overshirt, linen. You’ve got have the ‘perfect’ version of all of these, at least in my head you do.

Chambray is the holy grail. I’ll never give up.

5 Likes

If you’re spending a decent amount on a denim/chambray shirt then you really only need to be buying one. This is the latest iteration of the model I purchased aroumd 20 years ago, and mine is still going strong.

Quality not quantity.

Same goes for sweats, Ts, etc. I’ve said before - when you actually calculate the cost per wear on an initially expensive, yet beautifully engineered garment (pun intended), they all typically work out at pennies compared to most of the awfully made, high street fast fashion manufacturers that will fall apart after a few washes/wears.

15 Likes

That’s lovely, thanks!

1 Like

NO
as @howler said they last but you cant wear same one every day

Id also add green lightweights to the list

1 Like

I worked on a pacific WWII film many moons ago. At the end there was a costume sale and I bagged several OG chambray shirts as well as some very good repro’s. Been hooked ever since.

4 Likes

Try these guys for denim shirts:

https://angloitalian.com/collections/shirting

I know there were a few fans of the Nike General Purpose Sneakers on here. Looks like they’ve taken the silhouette and repurposed it on the Nike C1TY. Aside from the corny name these look pretty nice. May well grab a pair.

https://www.nike.com/gb/t/c1ty-safety-cone-shoes-P9Jfx9

13 Likes

I think those look even nicer than the GPS. Hopefully they will release some cool colors.

2 Likes

I can’t understand why I kind of like them :joy:

1 Like

Although the more I look at them, the more I see The Homer :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4 Likes

Additional colours incoming…

Will be copping the olive for sure…

7 Likes

If they’re ask comfortable as the General Purpose you’ll love them. Looks like they’re not available in the US yet.