Clobber - a clothes thread

If you want more of a traditional “formal” suit then the classic Moss Bros is good value. Or somewhere like TM Lewin or Charles Tyrwhitt. Because there are less and less office types wearing suits nowadays there are often sales/bargains to be had.

2 Likes

& (hate to say it) TK Maxx always have a selection going.

But for me it’s always going to be vintage all the way, though this might mean hours of trawling to find one that fits & that you like.

2 Likes

Anyone ever got anything from Taion clothing?

Yeah, I’ve got a gilet, its decent stuff. Nice quality.

1 Like

Some nice stuff and good prices :+1:

1 Like

I bought a lovely (three button jacket) three piece Tweed suit from Walker Slater for my Brother’s wedding a week ago in Wales.

Really lovely, amazing quality. Had the benefit of trying it all on and subsequent alterations in the Edinburgh shop.

3 Likes

Lovely fabric that. Herringbone would we say?
I had a lovely salt & pepper Donegal tweed suit that I wore the arse out of by wearing it riding my bike to work

3 Likes

Bicardonate of soda, white vinegar and a bit of lemon juice. Let it fizz away for a while and it brings the toilet up a treat (deals especially well with that pesky limescale).
Would think that this is the first time that toilet cleaning has mentioned on a music based forum.

3 Likes

Yes! Shetland Wide Herringbone. Honestly it’s the nicest suit I’ve ever had. Looking for excuses to wear it now!

2 Likes

If you have deep pockets then Saville row is obviously worth a visit.

But going back to high st, I always think m&s do ok suits for the money. Can take it to a good tailor after to make small adjustments.

1 Like

Yeah I had to get one recently and looked at quite a few. Was surprised at the quality and fit of the M&S ones considering how inexpensive they were.

2 Likes

I wear suits regularly and I travel a lot so they need to take abuse and I’ve found the ones that hold up best are by Ted Baker. As an added bonus you can find last season in Nordstrom. Rack here quite easily for half price.

When I was based in London, I would do Paul Smith sale or his sale shop on avery row. Sad to say I don’t have so much use for a suit nowadays, I used to like dressing up smart.

Last couple have been Charles Tyrwhitt, but do get whatever you but altered to fit, a little pinch here and a shorten there makes so much difference to making you feel great.

5 Likes

Thanks for all the suit suggestions, really really helpful

2 Likes

Has anyone had any experience with buying things of Ssinfoteck ? I have purchased a couple of items, but I have a feeling that it’s a scam site. No confirmation email or reply to contact messages.

Edit - This site is indeed a scam, I contacted Universal Works who got back to me. They are looking into getting the site shut down.

1 Like

Sorry to say, but it sounds and looks suspect.

2 Likes

Super skinny jeans. The worst invention of the ever

4 Likes

I got some for €5 few years years ago just to see the reaction on my kids faces, got from a bargain bin at a tkmax next to a hotel we were staying in…

3 Likes

in the market for a new backpack/laptop bag. something befitting a somewhat-corporate man of my age, yet big enough to hold a few records in if needed. any recommendations?

1 Like

Mission Workshop and Alpaka Gear both do kind of modern Tote bags, don’t know if they would suit for laptop use, but definitely hold records.

Misson Workshop backpacks in general are brilliant, I’ve got a Rambler which is great. Can take records if you’re careful.

2 Likes