Clobber - a clothes thread

I’ve found Sandqvist to be a good brand for “somewhat corporate / not shit “ backpacks and other work related bags.

Not sure on shipping to US as it’s a Scandi brand but has always seemed reasonable on price.

And there’s f/ce which is a Japanese brand. They do some lovely stuff and have a couple of “somewhat corporate” lines.

2 Likes

My favorite at the moment is Steezywave, a newcomer ethical & environmentally-friendly brand

2 Likes

But is it Balearic?

4 Likes

Hahaha certainly yes :wink:

4 Likes

the tucker & bloom messenger bag is hands down the best bag I’ve ever had in my life- waterproof ballistic nylon clad. 8yrs still going strong, can hold laptop, and a bunch of records, but also quite small when not full. lifetime guarantee😉

I suggest doing a deeper search, they’re pretty spendy from the site, but one can often find cheaper from stores that odered and now on sale

3 Likes

Was looking for collage images in an old yoga mag and came across this very informative piece on the dangers of tight trousers.

4 Likes

Needed one for cycling to work. Stubble & Co laptop rucksack also fits records. Very pleased with mine so far.

2 Likes

That looks great for money!

What’s the situation for ordering these to the uk?

Got one from here. It’s been great for a few years now.

3 Likes

I’ve got a bit of a collection of Porter bags, pricey but will last and last…worth a look at their website. I’ve just checked if a 12" will fit in any of the larger ones and success with a couple including this one

https://www.yoshidakaban.com/product/105946.html

3 Likes

This company here in Scotland make great quality bags, and repairs for life etc. Not sure of the international shipping costs but worth a look

1 Like

Porter is my preferred work bag de jour too. Currently using the Pointer collab they did. Scored a deadstock one off eBay for £80, which was a right touch.

5 Likes

Can’t go wrong with a bit of Porter, been a massive fan for over 30 years when the Mrs used to go on inspiration trips to Japan and bring back stuff. Timeless.

4 Likes

Porter & Yoshida all the way.

Worth the money and can always be picked up reasonably in the sales, on the Bay or via proxy.

I’ve a tote I’ve used for work that’s made out of ballistic nylon and holds a laptop.

6 Likes

Memorial Day sales in the US always make me get stuff I always thought were too expensive but at 60% off seem fine. Somehow G-Star always ends up in there somewhere with the usual Bonobos suits to get me through the year.

beautiful and an absolute steal!

1 Like

I’ve also got a Porter Lift 3 way briefcase that holds a 15" laptop and can either go over one shoulder like a messenger bag or or as a rucksack with two shoulder straps. Is brilliant for work but you can’t get records in there.

2 Likes

I’m in the market for some shorts! Preferably on the slimmer/tailored end of the spectrum, without venturing too far into ‘Do you know who my f-ing Father is?’ avec either deck shoes or Tom’s territory

What’s good? Cheers!

2 Likes

Passenger do some nice shorts, not too preppy but not overly active. Somewhere in between

1 Like