Clobber - a clothes thread

Sad to see another independent closing down, but some huge reductions

1 Like

Thanks. Couple of Sunray t-shirts acquired at £21 each. Agree, shame to see another shop disappear though.

1 Like

Shame, its one of the few physical stores up here I go in. City centre is becomimg more ghostly by the month.

1 Like

have bought a few bits yeh. not sold on it. i like it.

1 Like

Yes, I use Marrkt to sell. They’re a good fit if you’re looking for a low-impact way to sell. Their service is great and very low impact. However you pay for that service in terms of the cut they take.

I’m still receiving a steady stream of funds, just not huge amounts esp. considering some of the items/labels I’ve off-loaded.

So it’s a balance between low-fuss and revenue received. Hope that helps.

1 Like

Snapped up a maharishi sweat, 2/3rds off.

Thanks. Do they pay you up front or they list the item and you get paid if it sells?

The latter. I did a video call to vet the items I wanted to sell and they then arranged to pick up the agreed goods, then they photographed and loaded them on the site.

They pay you when they sell an item and you receive an email with a statement detailing the item sold, the sale price (they do have sales and sometimes an item has been included in these), their cut - and your amount.

It’s pretty fuss-free - but, as I say, you pay for the ease of service.

1 Like

Thanks.

They are JD owned, Nottingham one turning into Size
What was Aspecto in Notts (classic Manc shop) turned into Hip( classic Leeds shop) , moved & then turned into WG

:grinning:

1 Like

I think if there’s a test pressing meet up it would be wise to bring a change of clothes… :grin:

2 Likes

Well, jeez, I remember going there when I was a student in Leicester in the early 90s. Didn’t make the connection.

A friend in the trade told me 'The new CEO is from B&Q FFS and has no interest in menswear and is wanting to close that side of the business and focus on JD and Size :roll_eyes:

Oi Polloi next, Along with;
Woodhouse
Choice
Tessuti
Cricket
Giulio’

Sounds like they need decking

2 Likes

How great is this…
Bill Perlmutter Portugal 1956

7 Likes

9 Likes

Someone told him a blue shirt goes with anything.

3 Likes

Jesus wept.

Yesterday, I discovered an actual Insta page that fawns all over his atricious attire.

Mad times we live in.

3 Likes

He needs an intervention

4 Likes