Clobber - a clothes thread

Kinda been into Japanese socks lately - these two brands in particular. Lovely styles and well-made:

5 Likes

Been eyeing these up since they dropped a few weeks ago. Might have to press the button tomorrow. So nice in the flesh.

3 Likes

“They’re selling hippy wigs in Woolworths”

2 Likes

Was in an H&M yesterday and had a look at the jacket, heavier than I imagined it would be, didn’t get one, not really my style but picked a white ‘Chicago’ T Shirt up.

1 Like

Hate clothes shopping, always have done (possibly throwback to being marched into C&A a couple of times a year as a kid) and, as anybody who has ever met me will confirm, I have the general appearance of someone who sleeps in a wheelie bin.
My wife though is regularly on at me to wear nicer things, and to stop living in sweatshirts and t-shirts.
Will give a big shout to this shop in Stoke Newington. Little bit pricy, but well made and designed stuff that isn’t high fashion or right on trend (so you can wear it for years, thus eliminating the need to keep subjecting yourself to clothes shopping). Nice people owning it/working there who don’t look down at me and seem genuinely pleased that I choose to spend money with them.

6 Likes

Ohh they look nice. Am back in the office more now so bought a couple of their military chinos in the sales. Really nice cut. Quite roomy in
the thigh with a slight taper. Uniworks have definitely uped their game in the last few years.

Last purchase has been a drakes button down in their archive sale. For spring/ summer time. Can’t get enough of their shirts.

2 Likes

Stocking some solid brands there.

This is nice

Yeah, I think the last couple of seasons at UW have been their best in a long, long time.

That shirt is lovely too mate. Am also popping into John Simons tomorrow for a new button down. Got to love the roll on the collar. Might see if Drakes have anything too.

1 Like

I rate these as well. Collar is a nice size. Shop in leeds called All blues co stock em but tend to sell out pretty quickly.

2 Likes

yeah +1 for Kamakura

1 Like

Nice, and as you say, all sold out in my size…:rofl:

Where from?

Kontraband is the site. Don’t know what went on with the link but they do a range for ALFOS

1 Like

A new clobber tale of woe in three parts.

First wear of some new Chinos. Wings night, Buffalo sauce splash on thigh of Chinos.

Week after. Same Wings night. New Gramici pants first wear. Splash of Soy/Sesame sauce on thigh.

Last night. At home. New Carhartt sweatshirt. Splash of Ceasar salad dressing on chest.

FML. I need a bib :expressionless:

11 Likes

I only seem to get stains on clothes that are brand new or light coloured. More clumsy than the kids which is quite an achievement

4 Likes

Nearly every piece of new clothing I buy will get food on it within the first couple times wearing it- food seems to fly towards it from all directions. Old clothes seem to repel food! Or maybe I should stop eating food on the sofa

3 Likes

Ordered a pair of 11. Usually a 10.5 but sometimes an 11 depending on manufacturer.

Waaaaay too big, more like a 12. Other sizes out of stock sad face

Anyone used this platform for buying (or selling) clothes?

Found a pair of Battenwear ripstop pants for £90 which claim to be unworn with label still attached.

It has some pretty good stuff on it and I’m all for sustainability.

From memory it’s the guys who used to have Superdenim, never have anything in my size but have mates who have bought stuff.

1 Like