Bitcoin - News etc

Absolutely! It’s so easy to get swept up in the hysteria. Lots of ‘shilling’ going on in these youtube videos too. Having said that, there’s a really interesting guy who runs a channel called ‘The Coin Bureau’. He clearly knows his stuff and I’ve learnt a hell of a lot from him in the short time I’ve been dabbling in crypto. Worth checking out.

I’m definitely going to invest more in ADA this month and keep it in the wallet for the long term HODL. I hear Reef is one to keep an eye on too. Just reading up on it.

If I can retire in a few years I’ll be happy :smiley:.

Heh. Tell me about it. I’ll check Reef. Thanks for the heads up.

No problem at all.

I’m also looking into staking my Cardano too, to earn interest on it, just trying to figure out what the risks are.

Dumb question: I have a Bitstamp account. Only supports a few cryptos, how do you guys buy yours, especially ADA? Massive noob, my mate got me into it and knows less than me if that is possible.

1 Like

I buy mine on Kraken and the fees aren’t too bad. I store them on Exodus wallet.

Cardano is coming to more exchanges this month I think. Coinbase for sure.

what if a country’s military target its base?

Not sure I understand your question.

This looks like it’s about to lift off.

Always advisable to do your own research, but this project has recently announced partnerships with DC Comics, General Motors, Cartoon Network, and is hinting at Pokemon. They have over 100 partnerships not yet announced.

Current OMI coin price is 0.007 and rising.

1 Like

I mean is it safe enough? What if someone steals those computers/harddisks?

I guess there are always risks associated with it.

I keep all my crypto offline in a ‘wallet’, then the responsibility rests with me to protect it.

In this hacker era I dont think its safe at all.

1 Like

Anyone any good crypto recommendations?

Just bought some $DOT & $KSM for the long term. Looks like they’re about to go live with their parachain auctions, which will determine which projects secure slots on their respective eco-systems.

1 Like

Lets not talk about it, I’m hodling my little heart out… :grimacing: :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

2 Likes

Me too. I’m hodling to the moooooon!

1 Like

Afternoon All - I know less than nothing about all this… So a couple of pointers would be a great help: anywhere for a complete novice to get an overview about how it all works/doesn’t work? YouTube, podcasts, websites etc? Platforms to test the water?

I did some fx a few years ago as a bit of something to do, mainly demo accounts and price action stuff that I could sort of get my head around (didn’t use indicators).

Cheers for any advice.

1 Like

Check this guys channel. This is his latest video, but he has plenty of useful content. Lots of beginners guides, explanations of tech analysis, how to use exchanges etc. His rhymes at the beginning are a little corny, but he knows his shiz.

CoinMarketCap and Coin Gecko are great sites / apps for charts and general coin info.

Coin telegraph and crypto panic are good for all round crypto news.

Coinmarketcal is a great site for telling you about upcoming events / milestones for particular coins. These things tend to drive price action so I always check here when researching a coin or project.

Check out coin websites, white papers, roadmaps and coin tokenomics too to get a feel for particular projects. Some of these coins exist purely to make their creators money. I’m talking meme coins and general shitcoins. Always check a project has a decent / unique use case / utility.

Hope that helps a little.

1 Like

That’s great, gives me some useful starters - much appreciated will def check them out. Been involved long?

Thanks again mate.

Welcome mate. If you need anything else give me a shout.

I ‘dabbled’ in 2017, but really had no clue what I was doing. I did an online course earlier in the year and guess my knowledge has grown a lot since then. I’m more of a hodler (long term investor) than a trader though tbh.

Bitcoin halves every 4 years, which means the BTC rewards that miners get for validating transactions on the blockchain are reduced. This tends to drive the markets so we get roughly one to two years of a bull market, followed by an all time high and almighty crash, which then ushers in a one to two year bear market.

Currently BTC seems to be consolidating downwards, and some already think we are in an early bear market. If the last few years charts are anything to go by, we could potentially see an all time high for BTC later in the year. All speculation though, but it’s a good time to buy I’d say.

All other coins tend to follow Bitcoin, so if BTC is up, most altcoins will be. If Bitcoin dominance drops below 50% though, the altcoins tend to have a run of their own for a bit.

Hopefully I haven’t rambled on about stuff you already know. Apologies in advance if I have :slight_smile: .

1 Like

Not at all - I didn’t know any of that and it gives me a good insight. Seems like a whole lingo to learn too! This may seem like a naive question bit are the giant investment banks involved in it too? Or is it still Wild West type territory?

1 Like