Bitcoin - News etc

It’s still mostly unregulated, but institutional adoption is rising rapidly. El Salvador recently made BTC legal tender there and other Latin American countries are expected to follow suit. PayPal accepts Bitcoin, Litecoin etc.

Lots of banks and retail investors are hoovering up BTC right now. It really
is a great time to buy.

I tend to steer clear of mainstream news stories and just follow the dedicated sites etc for the actual facts.

BTC is now viewed seriously as a digital store of value, and if the stock markets crash (seems imminent) people tend to turn to these types of investments (gold, silver etc).

I truly believe we are on the cusp of a completely new decentralised global finance system. Lots of uncertainty and scrutiny from banks, regulators etc, but it’ll happen.

1 Like

So what are we buying then? Market seems to be in an uptrend.

I’m investing in BTC ETH ADA DOT KSM SOL and MATIC.

Any other top picks I should be looking at?

QNT + VET…XRP (dont laugh!)

1 Like

No laughing here. Once Ripple has shaken off this SEC court case nonsense, XRP will fly.

Good call on VET too.

1 Like

My Eth is finally back in the black, hoddling my little heart out.

2 Likes

This time next year…

1 Like

Yeah Eth has gone nuts.

1 Like

Anyone know anything about the Etoro trading platform?

Seems like a dead easy way to dip a toe in to this crypto thing.

What would you buy first?

Just be aware you’ll be buying many of the popular ones at their all time high at the moment.

2 Likes

BTC just went up to £51k. Thats nuts. Seems like its finally getting back after the crash at the start of the year.

1 Like

probably going to $100k / £70kish before xmas…then opinion divides between either bear market or it keeps going up $200k…like everything, no one truly knows…i think $100k then bear market

2 Likes

Me too, although the cycles seem to be getting slightly longer each time, so I think we’re looking at Q1 next year.

Alt season seems to be nearing.

I’m eyeing Kadena in the short term. DOT parachains started today so I’m all in on those too. Studying Metaverse and Gaming coins also. In the main though I’m waiting for the crash to load up during the fire sale.

Anyone got any top picks?

2 Likes

Finally got round to watching some of your recommendations on this - sheds some light on the darkness, good place to start. Cheers.

1 Like

I have a friend who’s big into the crypto scene who recommended me to buy up some LUNA at $13. Wish I had bought more.
Also bought a load of ADA for the shits ‘n’ giggles.

Currently using the Brave browser

It blocks adds and various other tracking things and seems big on privacy issues. You earn crypto just by using the browser, which you can choose to support the sites you use so they don’t loose out on ad money.

The crypto you get is BAT (currently £0.692) which you can use to pay for stuff online, buy crypto or you can put it in a wallet. To get the coins, you sign up for ads from Brave which you barely notice tbh (just a notification). No data is taken from you.

Browser is fast, nice to use and I now have it as my default on phone and laptop.

1 Like

My main holdings are: Near protocol, a scallable Layer 1, based on sharding and Synapse Protocol, which is a bridge that will soon also have it’s own Blockchain.

But currently I don’t have invested a lot. Honestly, I hope we go lower so that I can buy some cheap Bitcoin.

Pretty glad I never caught the crypro bug after reading this.

5 Likes
1 Like

I see the magic beans are back in the news!

Side eye on the Litecoin which were £250 each when I persuaded my girlfriend to buy - and have been bumping along at less than £50 ever since.

Fortunately! I’m all about the underlying technology and the death of Tradfi capitalism etc. and not just trying to cash in and pay some bills.
Of course :eyes:

3 Likes