26 Likes

Jim Morrisons

4 Likes

Carrefourtet

7 Likes

Ospar S

Every Lidl helps

I saw a young lad bangin’ out some EDM in a Boots once

I DJed at the official launch and signing of the Kevin And Perry Go Large DVD at HMV Oxford Street

10 Likes

what did you play??

1 Like

Remember going out and buying stuff specifically for it, the Timo Maas remix of Doom’s Night , stuff like that. Harry Enfield kept asking for it to be turned down.

4 Likes

We should make an open account profile called “anon dj” where anyone can post without fear of damaging reputation/career/potential gigs… Im sure theres more than a few well know djs here with some tales to tell…

2 Likes

I had a monthly at a cocktail bar in Shoreditch that I’d been doing for over a year; generally uneventful but slightly uptight staff. I look over and there’s Theo Parrish having a drink. I find something I know he’d like, he starts nodding along and later comes over and asks for an ID on an edit I’m playing, and then offers to buy the record from me (I told him what it was and to find it on discogs!). I got fired that night.

18 Likes

So many to choose.

1.Playing in a bar in the city on a Sunday. Just me and the barman. One person comes in to ask me directions.

1. Playing a gig In place of a friend who works for ministry of sound so I have to pretend to be from MOS. get to the gig in Nottingham and there’s a huge poster with MoS written on it - this was the hay day of handbag house, I turn up with a load of by disco and a noise bleed if I play anything over 120bpm. Also at this point as a Mancusco devotee - I don’t mix (also I couldn’t to be fair, more of a selector). I sprinkle my nuphonic, Afro art, chilli funk and the jazzy noodle section of Flying Records with a selection of disco and soul. I was playing in a cage which you could climb up to to berate the dj. Cue a mixture of very drunk locals asking for Michael Gray - the weekend (actually a great record) and yelling at me and climbing up to the cage. I felt like I was at the zoo -one request “ if you’re going to play soul, play the supremes” “this is the supremes” “play a different one”. The one house record I had that might have cut it was the Whistle bump version of strings of life - they absolutely hated it. This went on for 3 hours.

2. DJing the Honda Xmas party ( I was skint) the requests were horrendous a very drunk older Irish lady kept asking for Roman Keating. Whilst the Elvis impersonator was on (theme was Vegas, naturally) she fell over the decks and pulled them over, the table and the lights. The promoter put on a maroon 5 album and I was saved.

3. DJing a friends wedding and before we start we had the speeches, drunk friend (also MoS guy) does his best mans speech and reminds the guests that the bride ( a very tall and clumsy girl) had a nickname “ wank hands” - because she was cack handed - but he didn’t explain that. he then toasted Matt and Wank Hands. And now the Dj…

9 Likes
  1. DJing on French connection radio in the shop window in regent street broadcast across the nation. I assured the production company that all my records have no swears … line up Jstar no diggity remix all good till the first “mother fucker” comes on. I am told I am the first person who had to apologise across every FCUk for the F word. By the way I am the only person to get the word dildo into the Legal industry’s elite trade mag - I gave form.
2 Likes

:rofl:

DJ Hank Wands?

4 Likes

These are all excellent.

Definitely a +1 on this experience.

2 Likes

“sorry to disturb you mate, I can see you’re “in the mix”, do you know where the toilets are?”

10 Likes

When we all used to do the Ace Hotel that was literally the job… Pointing people to the toilets.

6 Likes