Women Smashing It Right Now

Used to love going into work on a Monday, firing up the kettle, closing my office door and starting the working week listening to Josey Rebelle on her Rinse show (yes yes :slightly_smiling_face:).
Eliza Rose on Rinse as well. Good at mixing up old and new. Different angles for the wants list.

1 Like

Deb Grant on 6 Music is a real rising star of radio. Her mid morning show on Jazz FM was my regular work accompaniment, always impressed by her obvious passion for and deep knowledge of a wide range of music.

1 Like

Produced by Inflo again?

I would assume so - her sound is so entwined with him

Thanks, just copped the album on the strength of this alone

3 Likes

This is a new one thats sounding nice. Sahra recently guested on Gilles P show… SHe’s got something classic going on. Nice vibe. Disclosure - my friend Laani manages her… Sweet sound though.

9 Likes

There seems to be a refreshing number of women out there doing it in an understated way in the “post-minimal” (I don’t really know what to call it) scene.

Laurine from Slow Life (been around for quite a while obvs) and Loren, for example. Loads more as well.

1 Like

looking forward to listening to all 4 parts of ShyOnes Black women music series

1 Like

I played a Sunday afternoon session a few weeks back and played “Unreasonable In Love” as it set the mood. Loads of head nodding and asking me who it was. I love how delicate her voice is.

Others in a similar vein:

Ego Ella May
Akemi Fox
Poppy Ajudha

All wonderful.

1 Like

Galaxy Brain has been putting out some lovely stuff

Her insta :point_down:t2:

1 Like

So many women killing it with pure synth goodness. Caterina Barbieri is one I love, but there’s many.

1 Like

couldn’t find anywhere so I made all 4 shows into a playlist Mixcloud

gimmie a follow on mixcloud too​:sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

1 Like

This is a really nice show. Been really into Ariane V’s shows on Balami and she’s got a great guest on this month.

2 Likes

I’ve met her lots in Croatia. Often comes to the morning sessions. She’s a top woman.

2 Likes

And I allowed Helena Hauff? I love her sets, so much energy and track selection is always brilliant IMO

I think the only one I can actually contribute to this thread is Qrion. She’s been killing it musically since about 2019 for me I think and then really shot into the stratosphere with her full length, I Hope It Lasts Forever. Very few people, regardless of gender, incorporating as much atmosphere and texture into their dance music as she does. There’s an inherent 90’s adjacence/dream house quality to everything she does, which is probably why I clicked with her instantly. Her DJ sets are terrific too. She’s been a big inspiration for me on some stuff I’ve yet to release under my other moniker. She’s still under 30, too, which is impressive.

5 Likes

I can’t recall the last time I listened to an Essential Mix, but this is a whole load of fun. Lashings of energy. Stick it on if you need a livener

1 Like

It you want to get pepped up for the weekend this is an absolute banger from Paula Tape :heart:

4 Likes