Women Smashing It Right Now

Clémentine

Paula Tape

Yu Su

3 Likes

Yeah, Moxie’s show is a staple.

2 Likes

What I’ve heard from Ash Lauryn has been really good.

1 Like

Paula Tape indeed, how could I forget. Her Worldwide shows are a must

1 Like

Going back a bit but I always enjoyed Emma & Pip at the DiY parties.

4 Likes

Just home after a trip to Cork for a gig. Won’t be sleeping for a while :woozy_face: found this new mix
Isabeau Fort | Be Kind | www.klangextase.de by KLANGEXTASE on #SoundCloud
https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/TLb1a

Here’s a list of just some of the female acts I’ve played on my radio show so far in 2022 - all of whom have had records out this year. I love love love me some femme powered talent!

Kedr Livansky
Yaeji
Cleo Sol
Erica De Casier
Eris Drew
Clea Vincent
Brandi Ifgray
A Billi Free
Charlotte Adigery
Junglepussy
Raveena
Amanda Whiting
Piya Malik
Vicky Farewell
Molly Lewis
Klara Kristen
System Olympia
Tierra Wack
Charlene Darling
Trish Toledo
Maya De Vitry
Molly Moore

1 Like

Any love for System Olympia? Really enjoy her productions, and she’s pretty good on NTS… never heard her DJ though. She was in Glasgow a few weeks back but I couldn’t make it.

2 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOy2uuRQXAo

That’s her dad in the Derrick Carter t shirt, hahaha

4 Likes

Respect to Paula Tape for her new R1 residency :heart:

4 Likes

The two acts I want to see play here in Australia are Cleo Sol (an absolute talent beyong reproach) and Laura Groves who I think should be way bigger than she is.

Cleo Sol should have her new album “Heaven” out in he next few days!

3 Likes

There are some excellent, fiercely underground DJs out of Spain now, like Gela, Lydia Vilas, Bihotza, Geni Roman, Spacer… Spacer’s playing at Nous in France this wkd (roadtrip!) And again with Homies at Pikes next week

1 Like

Alice Palace
Katie Barber
Hilit Kolet

All flying the flag

2 Likes

Just as a side note … I found a copy of Greg Wilson’s Discotheque Archives in a charity shop in Leeds (on eBay if anyone wants it!) and there are only two women in the whole book.

3 Likes

With you on Cleo Sol. Beautiful voice, and talented lyricist. Baffling just how little praise she seems to get in mainstream circles though maybe she’s happy with it that way. Her last album was my favourite album of 2021 and I can’t wait for the new one.

4 Likes

I’m wondering if there are any ladies on the forum?!? :thinking::eyes::exploding_head:

2 Likes

dunno if she’s still kicking about, but ca. 2015 in Berlin there was a DJ hangin out called Baby G. ruthless house digger, and total badgyal dj!

1 Like

Marissa Femdelic from Berlin is also a beast. killer B girl boogie/breakdance/house/disco selections

Yazmin Lacey is brilliant too, but seems to have been overlooked. Really, both Cleo and Yazmin should be big stars now. I think it’s become more difficult for female artists to break through.

3 Likes

This Yasmin for me …