Where's Music At?

The new EP from Vayu for Huinali almost slipped through the net, which would have been unfortunate as it is an ambient masterclass rich in sonic detail, propelled by dub echos, subtle percussion and pulsing waves in which restless minds can bob up and down and relax in weightless wonder.

Quite a few artists gaze at the stars when recording a project, a few even climb a hill & try and touch them. Despite Szun Waves claiming this LP is a more grounded, earthly affair it’s actually just a ruse to cover for the fact they’ve been beamed up by aliens - instruments and all, and are documenting their galaxy gazing & wormhole leaping with a universally attuned free jazz & cosmic synth soaked soundtrack, beaming it back via The Leaf Label ground control.

If you ever need a bit more jazz in your life this then I’ve been cherry picking a few brand new tunes from generally lesser known artists:

1 Like

Been rinsing this.

5 Likes

New Shabason & Krgovich - always nice

loving this .

2 Likes

Breezy Balearic and smooth, stripped back synth led summer jams from Haziz, as they take a less is more approach to soundtracking your summer by improvising smooth soul, poolside disco, hotel jazz & bossa grooves over old school drum machines to great palm tree, linen shirt & shade wearing effect for Day End. Another top tip from New Commute

Ancient ritual soundtracks collide with looped and loopy future tribal rhythms as free jazz psychonauts serve healthy measures of entheogenic punch in Swim Ignorant Fire’s fun, freaky, trippy, tropical new LP for Shimmering Moods.

A nice lo-fi twist to that classic (borderline cheese) Brasilian crooning…

1 Like

I might have to nick that!

1 Like

Love this

5 Likes

i’ve been rinsing this to death. thanks for the tip. my wife likes it which is always good :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s all yours :slightly_smiling_face:

Always happy to encourage domestic bliss :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I can’t believe I almost missed this gem, especially as I’ve always liked Carlos Truly - there’s really just too much music these days. Anyway, make sure you tumble down this reimagined R&B rabbit hole to a wonderfully wayward, psychedelically soulful, future funk edged & leftfield pop place courtesy of Bayonet Records.

If you’re digging this you might get down to the Slow Soul playlist:

1 Like

Minimal beatscapes swirl with chopped & looped instrumentation providing a sonic current on which Noah’s dreamy, ASMR-like, whispered & softly sung voice drifts unhurriedly downstream to lend an empathetic ear during your quieter, more introspective moments.

Familiar sounds arranged in unfamiliar ways rub shoulders with intriguingly ambiguous yet complimentary sonic oddities in this parallel dimensional feat of precision ambient sound collaging by morinoto naoki for Seil Records.

Lovely tropical, jazzy, balearic vibes from Matthieu Beck on Growing Bin. Features members of Metronomy, Source Ensemble and Laetitia Sadier on a standout track, “California”.

7 Likes

Yeah I need to review this. It’s good. He runs a very good record shop in east London too.

“LA producer and underground dance-fantasy legend Benedek announces his new EP, and Apron Records debut, “Zebrano” - out 30th September 2022. The EP features vocals from DC’s dreamcastmoe and R&B icon Devin Morrison.”

Tasty!

7 Likes

Fun record. It just arrived in the promo. What’s the main hook from? It’s doing my head in.