Where's Music At?

If you want a trip down 80s soul lane, this will do the job. I think it’s the first time
Space Ghost has hooked up with a vocalist…

3 Likes

Thought I’d give my Music for Dreams radio show/podcast a quick shameless plug whilst I’m here :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Space Ghost is killing it.

6 Likes

Good times. I miss those days/nights

just listened to his new album on pacific rhythm, it’s really good.

1 Like

Announcing itself as more guitar led Americana, the new LP from Aaron Fisher & Rob Stephenson (@oraoraoramusic) slowly but surely develops perfectly judged jazz complexity & ambient subtlety until you’re left wondering why the hell there isn’t there more folk jazz in the world? If you liked the Matthew Sage lockdown collaborations you’ll love this.

If you need an extra folk injection, as well as the LPs I recommend I cherry pick loads of tracks for the playlists, here’s the Slow Folk list -

One for the Hip-Hop heads! I don’t listen to much new Hip-Hop anymore if I’m honest but the latest offering from Asher Roth is a breath of fresh air with some of the silkiest beats and production I’ve ever heard. Hope you enjoy as much as I did!

2 Likes

Looking forward to this new Wah Wah Wino (Davy Kehoe, Morgan Buckley…) compilation out next month: https://clone.nl/platen/mp3/69112/03%20Sli%20Town%20Crier%20-%20Span.mp3

2 Likes

If you need some AfroBrazilian heat & Samba swing from lesser known contemporary artists this weekend then look no further than the new DJ Tahira assisted compilation from the great source of all things rootsical & outernational Música Macondo.

Guiding his star gazing ambient electronica with a kosmische rudder & anchoring it with earthly percussive sounds, the new LP from Hari Sima for Objetos Perdidos is a wonderfully rhythmic, New Age tinged, daydreamy listen. Thanks to Twisted Soul for the tip.

1 Like

Enjoying the “survival piano jams” on this EP - lovely sounds. Via New Commute as per usual :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I linked the lead single from this album a while back, and with the full thing dropping last Friday I’m happy to report it’s a good’n. Clean, green, life-affirming synth joints with a Dreamcast edge. Seems a good fit for the folks on here. :earth_africa: :earth_americas: :earth_asia:

6 Likes

Good tip, he’s such a good producer…

I’m a big fan of New Commute’s recommendations - a great pair of ears…

Great to see Mark Barrott has snuck out a new release. It’s a soundtrack to a Japanese documentary that sadly might not see the light of day, but at least his New Age vibrations, ambient piano meditations & electronic meanderings are now with us. Close your eyes when listening & write your own script.

3 Likes

Forget that recent lo-fi Charles Stepney home recording and check these last millennium lo-fi jams from Ed Wartts on Paradise Is a Frequency, as his raw, funktified proto drum machine rhythms lead the way for cosmic, jazz licked, parallel dimensional synthesized soul explorations into the meaning of love and life.

1 Like

Continuing his mission to pacify the house music massive, Alex Albrecht - Melquíades, delivers another masterful mini LP of dreamy ambient beats, this time for Mule Musiq. Perfect for all you zero gravity ravers.

2 Likes

The musical aura glows strongly on the new LP of psychedelic folk, metaphysical drones, telepathic guitar meditations & barely standing stoner rock from Haress for Wrong Speed Records. I can’t remember the last vinyl record I bought, but this is now in the post.

Kindly opening her secret garden, Sofie Birch gives us a tour of this blooming New Age audio dynamic space where the non-native saxophone helps nutrient fix the ambient flora, & tonal insects flitter unhindered & further cross pollinate the sonic diversity of this wondrous place.

3 Likes

Largely instrumental, stoic Americana & unhurried cosmic country musings on the nature of being from Gray/Smith with the odd psychedelic scream because life - mostly other people, makes you do that sometimes.

1 Like