Where are you going?

If the Indian variant doesn’t take hold and scupper the plans of a nation where are you heading for a night or day out in the coming months? We have a baby and not sure we could leave her quite yet so maybe not an option for us unfortunately so fill me with excitement from your anticipation please of the club, festival, pub etc you will be heading to and DJ’s and live acts you will be getting to hear?

We Out Here festival. That’s it.

1 Like

Bring the baby it’s like being treated VIP without the cost…

1 Like

Ha yeah to be fair she is very VIP innit

No plans to go anywhere on holidays this year or next until all the sillyness is over, looking forward to just visiting friends around Ireland and some small gatherings. I can’t see much travelling this summer for most countries. People got really excited about videos on SM of Ibiza residents dancing at Sa Trinxa last weekend and have booked flights and hotels for later this year. Hope I’m wrong but can’t see reason to travel at the moment…

1 Like

We’ve got a weekend in August where Melting Pot are playing Saturday and Optimo the Sunday at the local park - daytime sets, so hopefully the sun is shining and the wine is flowing and the masks are only needed when queueing for a drink. It sold out in six minutes so a few pals didn’t manage to snag tickets but I reckon nearer the time people will realise they can go abroad and sell their tickets…

3 Likes

Sounds good. Where is that happening?

No concrete plans just yet. Feels too uncertain for now. Not seen my partner for over a year as she’s been back home in Istanbul due to all this carry on. Hoping to get over soon. Also hoping to get over to a small island on the west coast called Iona for some Atlantic swimming and general chilling.

4 Likes

Also doing We Out Here hopefully and a trip back to Scotland

1 Like

My wife said this morning she may be ready to leave the baby with her folks overnight so we may get out this year after all! All we need to do now is keep this Indian variant at bay and some precise planning. Wish me luck.

3 Likes

A little house in the north west of Skye for 4 nights. There’s an amazing restaurant a 10 minute walk away, and right next door to that is the oldest pub on Skye. Bliss :grinning:

3 Likes

I’m all about outdoors this year. Have absolutely no desire to be in a sweaty club at 6am (probably ever again)

Rotation
We Out Here (rolled over from last year)
Playing at Alfresco

4 Likes

probably not much outside Catalonia although IBZ always looms if Mr Bassett enters the equation

this year is mostly a case of supporting local bars/music who’ve suffered so much

2 Likes

Last year was the first time I have not been to Ibiza for 30 years. Was hoping but not exactly hopeful of going this year for exactly the same reason as you but guessing it may be next year now. We are planning of moving there in 2023

2 Likes

Istanbul is a great city I’ve been there with work, the airport is something else and the food :yum:

1 Like

We have a relatives rental cottage booked for 4nts in July for Mrs birthday less than an hour from home and in the middle of nowhere with a 10 minute walk to a great restaurant hopefully it will be open as still no bars or restaurants open in Ireland at the moment.

2 Likes

Rehab

5 Likes

Lol. rehab/holiday

2 Likes

My city “opened up” today. Next Tuesday I will be here:

Hopefully the Knicks will acquit themselves with the same valor they have all season but regardless I’m elated to go back to a place that has been such a huge part of my life. Also been patronizing a lot of my favorite restaurants as I’d say 1/4 roughly are gone :confused: oh and FaceTime workouts and park workouts are going away for a while, back to the gym for me. Today I’ll get back on the subway for the first time in 15 months (a totally unfathomable thing to type). It’s a mess down there mostly because so many social services have closed down and the homeless are scared of getting sick in the shelters and also because our horrible police department won’t go down there and lift a finger but it also gets me from home to work in 20 minutes.

6 Likes

Well the mrs wants me to go to rehab but I’d much rather spend the summer holiday on Samui listening to Jon sa Trinxa :rofl:

3 Likes