What's Your Business? - Keep It Local

I was out walking the other morning and thought it might be nice to start a thread on who we are and what we do (if you work for yourself or run a business), as we can then maybe share some work in house. For example I’ve already started working with an Australian graphic designer (yo!) and thats totally through seeing his collage work on here. This is kind of outside the garms ‘what you making’ thread.

I’ll start… I run a design and marketing studio called HB+F and also Test Pressing Creative. Test Pressing Creative helps deliver creative projects (currently collaborating with a streetwear brand on a project for a Spanish shoe company) and HB+F is all about marketing, branding, design and digital (websites etc). Currently we are working across large scale property developments and also with a legendary club runner and drink importer on his new cocktails in a can ready to drink business. I like bringing ideas to life. I guess thats my thing. I also manage artists with Frank Tope and we have a group signing soon to one of the majors. I also make merch etc and work on publishing and other things in the Test Pressing corner and am slowly developing our store. More on a new project this Thursday… Hola.

HB+F website to follow…
@test_pressing_creative (Insta)
@test_pressing_store (Insta)

15 Likes

Nice idea- always good to know what people are upto and see if you can work together.

I’m not in the I.T/media/creative world, my partner and I run an organic market garden in mid Devon, growing vegetables, salads and herbs. We sell at two farmers markets and do a weekly veg box. We’re also building an outdoor field kitchen where we will host food events with our veg and other great local produce, with some music too! So if your down in Devon look us up. It’s not all pasty’s and cream teas down here!

15 Likes

If you define a business as something that earns money then I’m on thin ice but you’ve got to start somewhere. Having done a bit of playlist design, compilation CD development and party organisation in a previous life in Barcelona for the likes of Carhartt, Red Bull Music Academy, Natura and Heineken I introduced a Music Branding aspect to the The Slow Music Movement at the start of last year: Slow Music for Slow Brands - THE SLOW MUSIC MOVEMENT​. The idea being this time to partner with genuinely pro-active music brands who dig the TSMM vibe and want to sound different, rather than having to water down my selections so as not to upset anyone, a common occurrence with a lot of brands.

I was in discussions with two Portuguese hotel groups this time last year to integrate music into their chains, then obviously anything hospitality (and life!) related went tits up. The services are still available, but until the world starts turning again, I’m not really pushing it. Instead last year I started to develop the TSMM label and set up a publishing side to the project as well which is currently a work in progress.

6 Likes

I’m a creative consultant for charities and other brands that do good.
https://twitter.com/RewildC

5 Likes

Halloo.
Run a little writing business helping bigger businesses make sense of what they do.
Not, I’m afraid, for businesses that do good. But that would be a good ambition for us.

2 Likes

Looks brilliant.
Bravo.

2 Likes

who is that?

I can’t really talk about it at the minute hehe. I will when it works. : )

1 Like

UK or Ibiza?

UK! Hehehe.

1 Like

Cool to hear what people get up to :slight_smile:

I work for a full-service digital agency in Vienna working on strategy and creative concepts for different brands. Previously, I led the global artist relations program for Red Bull Music. Decided to move on to brighter things in 2019. Worked freelance for a little while connecting the dots between the brand space and the music space as well as doing some consultancy work for some festival brands. Then COVID came and freelance work in the music industry wasn’t so easy so I got myself this job, which I’m enjoying a lot tbf.

Also write and work on Truants although would love to pick up some more side projects within music again as it’s no longer my day job.

work work - https://www.agentur-loop.com/
few bits I did that I’m proud of - https://mikef1fb.myportfolio.com/
truants - http://truantsblog.com/

5 Likes

When I’m not helping run the Chill Out Tent I help my OH with her Creative Retouching business she’s the queen of photoshop now, but started in the pre digital era working in big West End studios and agencies. Always happy to work on new jobs, large or small, LinkedIn.image

4 Likes

Good idea me thinks…

I’m a Graphic Designer/Photographer/Branding person.
Just finished prior to lockdown re-launching a high end Surf magazine from here in Cornwall.
But do all kind of other Design and branding from small to medium Companies.
Somewhat twiddling my thumbs during lockdown as most people seem to be.
Always happy to offer advice to anyone baffled about where to go next with their company.
Gavin Joule Design

1 Like

:thinking: The list could be endless

Great idea!

I’m a small scale renovator of old properties, bringing them back to life and creating homes out of them. Previous projects include a 130 year old former seaman’s mission into 12 apartments and right now I’m bringing an old chapel (built in 1881) back to life as 2 apartments. This one was 4 walls, no roof and had grass growing in the middle of it and was on the ‘Buildings At Risk’ register up here in Scotland.

Challenging, budget causes sleepless nights, but massively satisfying.

9 Likes

I see she from LinkedIn she knows lots of the same people as me, including my dad! Also Brighton.

2 Likes

Top job!!

1 Like

Any spooky happenings? :ghost:

2 Likes

Hi Reuben, small world right? Is your Dad in photgraphy / design too?

1 Like

Nothing so far…I did get a request from some amateur film makers who wanted to shoot some night time scenes for a horror movie in the former seaman’s mission. To be fair it did look like an abandoned asylum complete with iron beds in small rooms that resembled cells. By all accounts it did the job quite well but I never found out if anything came of the movie.

Years ago I owned a house in which a gruesome murder had taken place in the basement in the early 70’s. It was rented out as individual rooms and the basement where it happened was somewhere I tended not to hang about in too long if I ever needed to do inspections etc…no actual spooky sightings, just a very dark vibe :flushed:

4 Likes