What's Underrated?

Earl Grey

2 Likes

True masters of the craft, here’s a lovely set they did for us last year, sublime…

Yes, big fan too, used to go to Paris a lot in mid eighties and load up with those small comic books from J’AI LU, also Manara, Rankxerox etc. Was looking at Home | ethereum.org was all but tempted until I saw the sub par art, proper rip off.

2 Likes

Obi strips

2 Likes

I wish they made it out here–most of the Aussie wine we get are the massive syrahs. Agreed on Gewurz. I did start a wine thread here:

1 Like

Wine thread here

1 Like

Oh yes , I’ll vouch for that played with them in Brum a while back. They know their Spanish and Italian onions. Boy we put away some booze too😂

1 Like

yes, Coyote definitely

a few others

Paramida - her sets are top notch always
Steve Lee (project club) - not as prolific as before but love his dreamy productions/sets
Tony ‘586’ Daly - covering all corners from sunsets to alt 80s and bangers. lovely man too
i:cube - always the most interesting of the Paris crowd and never once went commercial
Two Mamarrachos - basque synth wizards (formerly Dr Beat from San Sebastian)
Heidi Lawden - top dj and radio presenter on dublab
Pau Roca - another Spanish DJ with a keen ear for the best house

3 Likes

Breast feeding

1 Like

Charles Webster, never seems to get the props he deserves. Been revisiting his ‘Born On The 4th of July’ LP of late and it’s really stood the test of time.

Love From San Francisco, Presence, DJ Profile, Furry Phreaks, Megatonk, Hot Lizard, whatever guise he’s using you can guarantee it’s gonna be good…The UK’s Larry Heard anyone?!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2npqqIgKo18&feature=emb_title

16 Likes

Hours and hours lost to watching his old Vines and clips from Limmy’s Show on YouTube.

Absolutely love the stuff

1 Like

Me too! So good. Some faves of mine - Dee Dee goes to Yoker, The Tea bag throwing sketch, The Toaster sketch, Dee Dee Danone, so many and i can watch them again and again. The full Tim Westwood/Iain Lee patter theft saga is a trip.
There’s also one I loved about him on holiday, maybe Ibiza, and getting on to a radio One show.
A bit like Stewart Lee, next level stuff. :+1:

1 Like
  • Deep Impact (the film)
  • Not getting drunk and being sanctimonious on a Saturday
  • Lauren Laverne’s 6Music Show, today she had a 303/909 playlist for national Drum Machine Day
  • Rob Da Bank and Chris Coco’s The Blue Room radio show, long missed and Andy Parfitt at Radio 1 needed shooting for dropping it, surely that show would be welcomed even more these days ?
3 Likes

Good one. I think they played a great role in the Italian Dream House re-appreciation with their Dream House mixes on this site. Later adopted bij Safe Trip for their Dream House compilations LP’s ( a lot of the songs in their mixes are on these compilations as well)

1 Like

Very talented guy, however Hot Lizard were initially Gary Marsden and Paul Wain and I think he joined from Big Air onwards. No disrespect to him at all but credit where it is due, their remix of ‘Detox’ is ace as well.

FSOL. Often characterised as just crusty nonsense. I love them.

3 Likes

Revisited Lifeforms a lot during lockdown.

2 Likes

Such a good LP

Benoit & Sergio

1 Like