Whats the last record you bought?

Enjoying this with a cuppa after mr Una tipped it. Vinyl all presold now sadly Dorian Portrait | John Haycock

2 Likes

Someone posted this a while ago. Danny Wang deconstructing Twilight.

10 Likes

I used to love that Last Rhythm 12” … underrated at the time. And who knows what happened to my copy along the way.

2 Likes

Jolyon, I have a spare. Sometimes I feel ridiculously lucky to have found multiples of such strong tunes. It felt so sacrilegious to put this one on the discogs that I’ll send it to your way gratis, knowing you will look after it, you want?

It plays VG plus, solid pumping bass cut, I’ll give it a suction clean.

4 Likes

That is super generous … I’ll DM you x

2 Likes

Sounds good. Just read the write up too.
7eu6mp

This and all the other adjectives du jour! So transcendent i’ve only just landed.

A very good listen and tidy package

1 Like

Heyyyaaaall. Believe it or not but I had a month’s pause of buying records… Hardest month ever but managed to do so.

March has been quite calm but here we go:

Some sweet stuff for Spring and Summer.
BLT - Tighten It Up (Instr.)

Heaven & Earth - I Really Love You

Carol Dionne - I’m In Love With You

I already know that April will be a mayhem. I’m playing a couple gigs in Stockholm on Easter and there are very nice record stores (Record Mania, Mad Records etc… btw what’s up with these names…) Is there any Swedish users on this forum?

6 Likes

I’m swedish and in stockholm.

Love that Karim track. Wish they would reissue all those Acid 12’s.

1 Like

A few bits and bobs from charity shops and car boots over the last couple of weeks

5 Likes

It was played pretty much everywhere upon its release, slightly abused with people putting various acapella over it.

Yes indeed! Sasha-tastic!

2 Likes

Is there a vocal version as well? Where they tacked one on a bit like Big Love

Not on the original 12”. There were countless remixes but I can’t remember hearing one

*rolls eyes emoji

https://youtu.be/6stwUIGagko

1 Like

Good grief :hear_no_evil:

3 Likes

How have missed that gem all these years

One of the few Venus tapes online has Christian Woodyatt doing this: Christian Woodyatt & Paul Wain - Venus - 1991 - YouTube 5:10 onwards

Not quite sure it works :upside_down_face:

3 Likes