Whats the last record you bought?

I just bought a few records on juno, could’ve gotten that one and for some reason I’ll never understand, I didn’t. Now watch fairly priced copies of it disappear like all those space grapes records in 3 2 1…

1 Like

Just came here to testify for this Sowaka by Genji Sawei on Glossy Mistakes which is a new label out of Spain. I’d not heard of this record till the label contacted me out of the blue about it on Discogs with a pre-order link for the re-issue on Bandcamp. I noticed that it was produced by Bill Laswell and Midori Takada plays on it so ordered it on site. Such an amazing production , very much the sum of its parts, Material meets Pharaoh Sanders in a very expensive studio in Eighties Tokyo. The package is beautiful as well.

7 Likes

Glossy Mistakes have put out some amazing records.

Thanks for sharing. Love that.

Can’t believe the Space Grapes prices. Bought the first Mad Honey. Good, but not that good.

There’s still a mint Cloud/Visions at Cold Cuts Hot Wax for £14.99 btw.

1 Like

It’s £12 off the backatcha website well and £5 for delivery

Wow I have the life is mirror 12, think I’m gonna sell it now, cheapest one is £85! Will re listen to see if it’s worth keeping

1 Like

Yeah it sort of pisses me off that those Space Grapes records, which are modern recordings, are so limited, for no apparent reason other than to satisfy the label owners’ record collecting fetish.

1 Like

Don’t hate the player, hate the game! I thought £50 seems like a bargain in comparison

Someone’s trying to sell it for £329!

2 Likes

It is also a poor pressing/ production on the one I’ve got. Again probably to make it sound like a long lost classic. Doesn’t seem to have stopped the gold rush; I guess he knows his market!

Already sold! Wow that was quick! Now I should add that to the elcer warm2 fund and not just buy more records…

2 Likes

Did you get £329 for it?!

1 Like

I wish!

Payfone, such a great track.

3 Likes

I finally bought this after getting locked out of playing it on Bandcamp😂 (not sure how many plays that takes: I’d had the ‘sort it out, open your wallet’ nudges already

3 Likes

Was gonna get another Leng record with payfone but then it jumped upto £7.50 postage for 2 records which is abit sore

1 Like

Clouds
Payfone
Koze v Murphy
Kolter
Levon Vincent

All recs from above. Cheers everyone.

3 Likes

Sea Turtle / Our Day | Ad Hoc Records (bandcamp.com)

Jeez, I have this too. Didn’t realise it was worth a few quid. Could easily live without it

1 Like

Payfone vinyl sounds great, what a record.

2 Likes