Whats the last record you bought?

The KDJ version is a long time fave. I need hear the others but an interesting release

2 Likes

Had a lucky score at a record fair and got a cheap copy of this.

Apparently a bit of a John Peel favourite.

6 Likes
1 Like

Got this from Juno. Also lots of 80s music off discogs but this is the only new record I can think of.

This from discogs.

1 Like

Picked this up for $2. Pretty chuffed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHrsv0NVa6k

6 Likes

Ordered this today.

1 Like
1 Like

New Str4ta album, more slick funky business from them

1 Like

Slow Jams thread catching me all tired and emosh on Sunday night

1 Like

The Pink Panther soundtrack, a vaporwave double album, The Beatles Revolver box set, a hard to find reggae 12”, a Chris and Cosey 12” and Joe Smooth’s Promised Land LP. Mixing it up!

6 Likes

Got this coming from the US, had to pay a ridiculous shipping fee but my word is that tropical soca disco version of I Feel Love going to be worth it…

1 Like

It’s caught me many times since I got it. Gets better with every listen as well.

1 Like

Ok, I went on a tear but this is my second last haul for the year with my last being on November 30th at Invisible City in Toronto. Nothing groundbreaking.

The Crystal Mansion - s/t album (has a track called Boogieman on it that was on a Mr Thing BBE comp and it’s one for the slow jams and tear jerkers, I think.)

Booker T Jones - Best Of You (cheap as chips and has We Could Stay Together on it if you don’t want to lump out $100 for the edit on the hot mix comp)

Red Greg - Do It (saw it for $5 and went for it)

Doug Shorts - Money (boogie/soul record that gets the like of Natasha Diggs hot and sweaty which can only be a good thing)

Joe Claussell - the unofficial overdubs and edits vol 1 (again saw it for cheap and went for it. I also have a rotary mixer now so I’m going to put on my kaftan and make faces in the mirror to this one)

Red Rack’em - In Love Again (totally missed this one but heard it on a mix and it blew me away)

Alton McClain and Destiny - you bring to me my morning light (followed a man named David Barbarossa on Instagram and this was one of the records he featured that was affordable. It’s a belter)

Tony Orlando - don’t let go (always wanted it so I went for it)

Leo Zero - Wigwam edits vol 1 (I love what Leo does so bought this without listening to it, hoping it’s up to the usual standards)

China Burton - You Don’t Care About Our Love (on a 7”, yes please)

Gigi Testa - It’s True I Do (sounded great when Antal played it a while back)

Kim Tibbs - Where Would I Be Without You (beautiful soul record that would fit into a disco set, has drama and joy in equal measures and apparently there is an album as well)

Visions Label Sampler (lovely chap at the record store here in Olympia, WA gave this to me as he said nobody had ever even looked at it and it was sent by a distributor. Has some highlights from the comp)

These Eyes - Soca Hustle (magic piece of disco/dub on Invisible City Editions)

Space Ghost - Time To Dance (absolutely made up that I finally got this. Pure magic.)

Carly Simon - Boys In The Trees (has Tranquillo on it, which is beautiful)

Azura - Theme From Azura (I think this will tick all of your boxes in some way, shape or form)

Christina Essien - You Can’t Change A Man (Earcave has a lot of great 12” reissues and this was one of them. Absolutely love this record)

Done alright, I think.

12 Likes

Lovely comp and great pressing

3 Likes

listening now, absolutely lovely

Oh yeah…

Stopped in at the Crouch End record fair on Saturday. Properly busy! Bagged a handful of nice, cheap dancehall 7s. Of which this is the best, I think.

https://www.discogs.com/release/5090935-The-Blood-Fire-Possé-Cant-Stop-Rocking-Tonight

Dub obvs!

Your collection must be imperious, seeing your additions over this year.

Did you get to grips with your organisation?

quite pleased - i got an early copy.

edit - it’s the new suss compilation on vinyl. no idea why the bandcamp link isn’t showing up. looks fine in preview!

Let us know what you find from Invisible City! Sadly I missed Gary’s gig in Kaiku (Helsinki) last Friday.

Top stuff of the latest additions to my collection:
Hot hot hot house.

Hard to describe…something between street soul, boogie and maybe there’s some house vibes also. Anyway this is such a fantastic track.

I’ve checked Discogs daily for months to get this… One night I was already going to bed but “just a quick peak” if there’s anything new for me in the marketplace and there it was! But like my friend says in his song: the result of your search is up to your own effort and luck and effort and luck. The song is about finding keys but anyway…

Something to cheer up the cold and dark Finnish Winter…

Also bought some disco edits (Eric Duncan, Soft Rocks :wink: , Harvey etc.) cause I played before Eric Duncan in Kaiku couple weeks ago. What a fantastic and inspiring dj he is.

11 Likes