Whats the last record you bought?

Bits that have been on hold at Vinyl underground arrived :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Some good stuff in there love the ‘Everything You’re About to Hear…’ ep with the Lynsey De Paul edit.

1 Like

Not breaking any boundaries but house done extremely well on Jo Jamrock’s offshoot label.

1 Like

Possibly a boot?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTGyb1s8o1w

3 Likes

i love impulse buys. i’m now the proud owner of these two gems.

4 Likes

Love Matthew Halsall, this is a great one

1 Like

Yeah much better shout to just get that Studio One Soul Jazz comp it’s on instead, cracking lineup of tunes on there

3 Likes

that Mathew Halsall is another winner from him

2 Likes

I love this, Romance - Once Upon A Time/In My hour Of Weakness . Its Celine Dion chopped and screwed on some heavy sedatives, sounds awful on paper but beautiful coming out my speakers.

3 Likes

Snuck off work early and went looking round charity shops. Found this amongst a few others for 75p each. Turns out to be quite rare and sought after. Weirdly both sides of the cover have been used during the application of nail varnish I think but the record looks unplayed.
Nice long reggae tune which on further investigation is about to be reissued by Emotional Rescue. What are the chances? Here’s the rest of them.

9 Likes

China crisis put in my Discogs basket last night.

Top marks, feel sorry for prices requiring the staff to find change.

2 Likes

Just pre-ordered the upcoming DJ-Kicks by Theo Parrish. Should be great.

“The approach Parrish took to compiling DJ-Kicks was very ambitious, inviting his Detroit peers to produce a collection of brand new material, and in turn creating the first ever all exclusive entry to the esteemed series.”

8 Likes

Ian Fink is a genius

This, probably sacrilegious to some to jungleize a classic but I like it.

Love that Sunstroke record.

I’m going to blame Apiento for the Kassav/Jacob Desvarieux rabbit hole that I am going down but I found a record on Endless Flight with an amazing Kuniyuki edit that is really hitting the spot. It’s part 3 of a series they did in 2017 and is brilliant.

3 Likes

The latest Jaz edits on Pinchy & Friends. Loving all four tracks here.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s even better than the original. My friend/DJ partner have played it a couple of times and it’s magic if played at the right time.

New Full Circle on Good Morning tapes, available at Boomkat.
https://boomkat.com/products/from-back-there-again

2 Likes