Whats the last record you bought?

I’m in the UK. Shipping might be prohibitive. Would you check it out for me? I think it’s getting repressed in September but a 1st press is always nice​:joy::+1:

a couple of surprise gems found in good ol’ jive time:

4 Likes

Simple Minds are about to play NGD live here soon. Great album.

2 Likes

OOFT! When’s that?!

Heard it announced on the radio, just checked and it was Saturday past :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Ha! Neither of us are going then :rofl:

1 Like

Shop had 30% discount code so rude not to. Couple of nice tips from here.

2 Likes

A DJ W!ld EP as I kept singing the track to myself, couldn’t work out what it was, heard it on a mix (of my own) and couldn’t ID it on shazam but managed to find the tracklist in my email archive.
Thought it easier to just buy another copy to be sure.

3 Likes

yay for this being repressed! Jonny Nash – Exit Strategies (2015, Vinyl) - Discogs

i know i’m going to be glad i picked this up in a few years, it’s lovely. Mia Doi Todd – Music Life (2021, Vinyl) - Discogs

4 Likes

Amber Mark - Three Dimensions Deep

An absolutely brilliant piece of modern r’n’b. Killer production as well.

Love that Mara TK record.,

2 Likes

can’t quit buying records. didn’t LOVE this one at first, but it grew on me. thought it was a little too “on the nose” but after a few listens i feel like he lovingly achieved the goal.

6 Likes

So good and one that just gets better each listen.

1 Like

Big Rons Prescription box set turned up today. I went to the office for (colleague’s 50th year working anniversary) first time in 3 months and all my smuggling plans were ruined.

But by fuck its a beautiful thing.

6 Likes

Haha, I do miss being able to get records delivered to the office and bring home discreetly together with a laptop bag.

1 Like

i’ve always done this but now my wife works in the same office as me… Luckily, got a deal with the guy in the post room to keep everything in a box in his room and i collect when there’s an opportunity.
But, as a friend of mine said to me when sat with both of us, ‘she doesn’t think the house is shrinking, you know?’

4 Likes

Just got this one from the Sound Metaphors record shop in Berlin. Such a good compilation!

6 Likes

Cool reminder of the excellent Leo Anibaldi track. The original LP had a very trippy/naff painting inside the gatefold sleeve.

3 Likes

Same reaction I had. Listen 1, not for me, stuck it on again and it worked.

I just bought the new Isle of Jura without listening to a single second of it. It’s always nice to have a new obsession.

4 Likes