What you going to?

Also Jah Wobble doing Metal Box same night
Awkward

Just got back from two weeks in Argentina.
Buenos aires > Mendoza > Patagonia > Iguazu

Was a delayed honeymoon. Amazing trip but think my blood type is malbec now. Heres a massive mushroom I found in pat :grinning:

7 Likes

3rd Time seeing them over a 30 year period. Nearly as elusive as BOC.

2 Likes

And these.

Big congrats hope you had a blast!

Heading back to Blighty for the last weekend of July for this:

Fantastic little festival, for a great cause, lovely people and ACGC is playing.
Kinda surreal to see that some offspring of long-standing regulars are now on the line-up
 but also a joy to see.

May contain a few forum peeps (from here and other places that I’ve seen a few other folk on here frequent) and is an incredibly sound, friendly bunch IME. Incredibly kid-friendly, too. Nice mix of old heads and new blood, lineup reflects that too. Can’t feckin wait.

Just found this little festival that’s only 15 mins away from us which I’m still in mild shock about

Line up looks pretty decent too, Andy Blake, Sarah Evans, People like Us

Any forum heads going?!

Gutted that this has sold out - anyone on here going?

Buy cinema tickets for Sonic Cinema presents: Preview: I Am Weekender + Q&A | BFI Southbank

Unfortunately not. Also gutted to miss it.

1 Like

How did your bank holiday gig go btw? Sorry I missed it. Actually realised I had tickets for Glyndebourne that day. Not very balearic.

1 Like

Quite an entertaining - if knackering! - few days back in the smoke.

Caught about 10mins of royal stuff on a tv screen at gatwick with about 15 other curious tourists

‘Beyond the streets’ was very well done. Loved the cosmic room and nyc heritage, memorabilia. I still far prefer sharp toilet graf or social statements to tagging/trashing trains tho

Dived into The Social on Sat. Full on 93-94 prog revival! Never imagined i’d ever hear patrick prins again in my life!!

Fun, boozy sunday session at the ‘between the bridges’. Sun was out and so were a few old faces, andy taylor in the place, we then hotfooted up to stokey for more fun and games, sassy wylie played a whole load of stuff i didn’t even know existed

A couple of days on coast too
 have missed those brighton pubs!

3 Likes

It went really well thanks. We’d sold 130 tickets in advance and I guess another 30 or so rocked up on the night.
It was the first time we’d actually sold tickets rather than free parties or donations, so was good to know we can.
Lots of folk asking when the next one is too.
We’ve managed to get to Glyndebourne once a year for the last 10 years or so. Generally due to having connections with various people who work there. I certainly couldn’t justify buying tickets. We’ve seen some amazing productions. Carmen was incredible, Julius Caesar was very good too. Joe Pasquale less so and the last time we went it was Alcina and i didn’t have a clue what was going on. I wasn’t tge only one aparantly.
What did you see? Glad you got the weather in the afternoon too, makes all the difference eh?

2 Likes

Yep, I have a mate who is good at working the programme to spot the cheaper tickets, it’s unjustifiable otherwise (until I turn 80 and cash in my Gen X property ladder luck). This was a string quartet as part of the Festival.

Patrick Prins. La Luna? Is that a thing again now?

Ha, no Subliminal Cuts le veux le soleil. Was a bit weird. All the tracks were prog anthems. Never imagined that at The Social!

Here tomorrow x x

image1

2 Likes

Going to this in a few hours time at the Sydney Opera House

A Clockwork Orange and Beyond

Music and image are inextricable in cinema. Blade Runner. Solaris. A Clockwork Orange. You see and hear them. Most of all, you remember the way they made you feel.

We go to the movies to explore the innovations that shaped a generation of trailblazing composers and their unique sound worlds for the screen. Joining the ACO is electronic artist Will Gregory, co-founder and member of internationally revered English electronic music duo Goldfrapp, and an ensemble of Moog Synthesisers.

Pioneers Wendy Carlos and Delia Derbyshire opened the floodgates in the 1960s. Carlos interpreted Bach for the electronic age with Switched-On Bach while Delia Derbyshire gave Australian composer Ron Grainer’s theme for Doctor Who its indelible sci-fi sound.

A Clockwork Orange is as much Carlos’s film as Stanley Kubrick’s. Its blend of original composition with synthesised treatments of classical music was audacious and wildly influential. Taking their cue from the innovations of Carlos and Derbyshire, while looking back to Hollywood’s golden age, sits the music of Vangelis, John Williams and Hans Zimmer – some of the most affecting and iconic in cinema.

Programme

Wendy Carlos / Johann Sebastian Bach Switched-On Bach: Selections
Olivier Messiaen Oraison
Franz Waxman Sinfonietta: I. Lento – Allegro

And selections from the soundtracks to:

Wendy Carlos
Tron and A Clockwork Orange

Vangelis
Blade Runner and Chariots of Fire

John Williams
Images

Hans Zimmer
Interstellar

Eduard Artemyev / Johann Sebastian Bach
Solaris

Delia Derbyshire / Ron Grainer
Doctor Who

3 Likes

We’re back at Sweeties this Saturday after a fun B2B jam with Apiento last month :smile:

This turn we have a surprise guest from New York, with Ghanian heritage, and currently based in Berlin. Part of the new wave of DJs with performances on Boiler Room, HOR, Lot Radio and Refuge this artist has regular shows at Panorama Bar and last year contributed to the RA Podcast series.

We can’t wait to be back in that room playing through the amazing system!

We’ll also be having pre drinks at Skinners Arms from 9pm. The night starts at 10:30. Please DM us on Insta or email [email protected] if you’d like to come to either :vulcan_salute:

6 Likes

I have 2 tickets for the David Kitt gig at the Jazz Café tonight, doors from 1900, with support from Paul Hillery and Jono McCleery

Sadly, due to a last minute business trip, I’m unable to make it.

If you’ve heard my show, you’ll know how ace his music is.

Hit me up for details. I’d rather they go to a good home.

2 Likes