What you going to?

I spotted that…and, yeah, it does look decent

1 Like

If anyone is in West Cork in a few weeks this will be top drawer

A new version from Quinn on our new compilation :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Dj John Daly is added to the line up of a festival here on in a few weeks. One of the news papers listed the new line up with a picture of John Daly the Golfer lol

3 Likes

Bet he gets that a lot - nice fella John, interviewed him years ago for Faith fanzine. Loved his early deep house productions and sets

3 Likes

Primal Scream Screamedelica show in Manchester this Saturday. Should be fun

1 Like

Trying to get my wife to come with me to world unknown tomorrow in lewisham . Selling it as a garden party and they’ll probably do a asperol spritz :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

Will need to pop down there. Sounds like a better version of that random basement bar in Dalston (who’s name escapes me) in the early to mid 2000s with the owners records in it.

Charlie Wright’s International Bar?

Wasn’t Visions was it? That was a mad little venue…

They were superb at Glastonbury. Last half hour was spiritual stuff!

2 Likes

I popped in on Sunday but no space inside to have a proper listen. The set up looked great though. Old quad amps, some tannoys and some other massive speakers. & loads of records.

2 Likes

Of to the Idler Festival at Fenton House, Hampstead with the Chill Out Tent crew and some bloke called Jarvis :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sounds familiar that. Might be

Maybe yeah. We’re the records on cheap shelves?

1 Like

It does look good but can’t make it. Got tickets for the Orb night though. Was listening to U.F. ORB at work today. First time I have heard it in years forgot how amazing it is.

4 Likes

Charlie Wright’s International Bar was on Pitfield St, just off Old Street. Did great Thai food. Not in a basement and not in Dalston, so must have been a different place.

3 Likes

I once heard the DJ there try and mix Photek into Sister Sledge.
PS & it wasn’t ‘fun Photek’

4 Likes

Visions was definitely an unsophisticated, old basement of a video shop (apparently) and it did involve shelving as I recall…right by Dalston Junction

2 Likes

I loved Visions. Dirty basement with retro tvs everywhere and the fridge armed with more red stripe than you’ve ever seen. Top nights too, especially Thunder and vaguely remember something Toby and Dolan did there once?

2 Likes