What don't you get

Can’t see Labour or any other party getting in power any time soon sadly, unfortunately England is true blue Tory through & through in the main, they love these tw*ts whatever they do, just like they love to bow & scrape & flag wave for the Windsors.
I’m 47 & the only time i’ve known Labour in power was when Blair moved the party over to the centre.

2 Likes

lol. Massive if true
(Dues seen bloody likely though what a depressing thought)

1 Like

Starmer has just done the same and it is proving ineffectual.

1 Like

I think we’re totally through the looking glass. Populism is de rigueur and here to stay. Johnson won that election based on total lies, people voting for him knew they were lies, or looked the other way. He’s now trying to rip up the very convention he got voted in on whilst lieing about the lie.

Long story short we’re fucked. If the Tories aren’t replaced at the next GE I think we’ll just have a permanent Tory government for decades.

5 Likes

We live in a Society that has endured for hundreds of years with a class system that managed to remain in place because we had wealth, a few crumbs thrown from on high to keep us happy. The upper classes are now the last few fleas on a dying rat, sucking us all dry before they jump ship.

I’d love to think someone like Andy Burnham might be our saviour but I think our society is too rotten to be able to save itself so steeped in Colonial back-lookery and forelock tugging to save itself.

12 Likes

I could’nt resist putting this here…

“Designed in collaboration with stadium-house supergroup Swedish House Mafia, the collection — which also includes a desk and an armchair — aims to support those “with a limited budget but unlimited creativity.”

7 Likes

“Vinyl Community” YouTube channels in the States.

And it’s always top 100 records or top 20 records I found in weird places etc.

1 Like

Was trying to find a decent one of these to watch yesterday. Dudes getting excited about finding sealed Foreigner records. Considering the amount of gold I see posted on an American Facebook group I follow called Thrift Store Finds, it always annoys me that none of these YouTubers really dig for anything that interesting, odd or exciting. Then you go to the comments and it’s full of dudes frothing at all the “amazing records” the uploader found. In reality it’s the shit you have to wade through regularly to find anything decent.

6 Likes

I watched a few of them, skipping past all the good stuff! The less niche the music, the more views, test pressing type taste in YouTube content often rewards minuscule view figures, I have watched some good interviews.

The records you should own type of YouTube’ is also particularly sad. (disclaimer, I dabble in Youtube and the editing time and time isn’t worth it for no return)

They also all present themselves as the authority on records, which is fine, be confident, but, like you said, it’s never about highlighting truly interesting music.

https://youtu.be/VHSmO_72Uro

Ffs should be ashamed of themselves

4 Likes

Thats pretty dreadful isnt it.

3 Likes

Wrong speed garage

1 Like

Yuk!!

1 Like

It’s #1 in many ‘Dance’ charts, each to their own I guess.

Tik tok is full of em too.

Some whipper snapper trying to turn record collecting into some kind of science.

“An album where the hits are predominately on the b-side is called a back loaded album, vice versa is called front loaded”.

Mate. you’ve literally just made that up. I’ve been collecting for years. Just enjoy the music, you’re sucking the joy out of it!

6 Likes

@Moodynann I’m so sick of seeing mid Twenty somethings venerating old Rave footage on TikTok. Coupled with ‘no phones, everyone just living in the moment’ comments…

Oh pur-lease… :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

I left a comment on a Calvin Harris clip from ibiza last week,asking did anyone find a phone? It’s a Nokia 3210 I was standing on it to get a better view… No reply yet😔

7 Likes

who filmed that rave footage?

Might be a sacred cow to some, but I’ve always been a fair bit underwhelmed by Jon Hopkins

His tracks always sound like someone mixing really badly to me!

6 Likes