What are you YouTubeing right now?

The Twins are my favorite band.

3 Likes

Cocteau twins was my gateway to 4AD as they probably were for many. So I guess that led to Throwing muses, x-mal Deutschland, Dead can Dance, This Mortal Coil, Colourbox and of course Pixies.

I hadnā€™t really thought about tracking down any Cocteau twins live until that video popped up on my YouTube search. Anyone know of any decent recordings of the Heaven or Las Vegas tour?

2 Likes

That first Throwing Muses album, fuck me what an absolute raging howl Kristen Hersh had! Superb.

Iā€™m still totally gutted I missed them and Pixies at Town & Country club in 1987

2 Likes

Saw that tour in Birmingham, was incredible stuff.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/9XbHp54a6QU

I donā€™t listen to this band but the blonde kid, Geordie, obviously knows his stuff!

1 Like

https://youtu.be/QQttoB0iyRg

1 Like
2 Likes

1hr 38 - a guy asks Louie Vega about Mambo No 5.

6 Likes

Classic and they handled it brilliantlyā€¦ Imagine if it was Dave Clarke and someone got Blue on blue mixed up with Iā€™m blueā€¦ :astonished:

1 Like

Brilliant :laughing:

4 Likes

Thanks for the share, that was amazing, modern Belle & Sebastian(not the band).

1 Like
1 Like

regrets, iā€™ve had a few. one of the big ones is not studying music theory. i really wish all of this stuff made sense to me.

5 Likes

Fuck me this lad can tell a story

3 Likes

Went to Harveys a few times with work in about '87. Amazing food have to admit but canā€™t stand the bloke, responsible for so much bullying and toxicity. His legacy, Ramsey, Smyth etc still at it to this day.

3 Likes

My boy introduced me to Hot Ones recently. Celebs etc get questioned while eating increasingly hot sauced wings.
Quite entertaining, so many of them but the main guy seems cool. Highlights for me were Paul Rudd who seems like a genuinely good bloke, Colin Farrell is good, DJ Khalid was a hilarious car crash. I hadnā€™t heard of him before.

4 Likes

Watch the Bobby Lee one, never heard of him before that episode, love him to bits nowā€¦

2 Likes

Going in now :+1: