What are you watching?

The one that starts at 1:06. This ^ is so good though…

1 Like

It’s a version of this (which I love!) but seems to be only on the soundtrack and not released.

2 Likes

The final episode of curb your enthusiasm was brilliant :+1::+1:

4 Likes

Isn’t it deep in vogue off the aforementioned album ?

Made it through ‘A Murder at the End of tbe World’

Wife enjoyed it more than I. I found the acting pretty ropey from some - Clive ‘Cresote’ Owen and others.

Still, entertaining enougn, I suppose.

1 Like

Robot dreams with the kids at the cinema was good. Animated movie about a dog and his robot mate with no dialogue.

Also just finished the edge of everything. Insightful and inspirational doc.

1 Like

Halfway through Ripley, enjoying it so far, great cinematography as has been mentioned and Andrew Scott portrays the emotional blankness of a psychopath well.
My fave bits have been the scenes with Freddie in (played by Sting’s son i’ve learned), the unspoken tension between him and Tom is riveting.

2 Likes

We loved Robot Dreams. Surprisingly affecting.

1 Like

Near the end of Ripley now and still loving it. The Italian policeman is an absolute joy. Some of its recurring visual motifs are a bit overused. There’s an awful lot of walking up and down steps.

5 Likes

Loved it, gonna miss that bunch.

1 Like

How amazing does this look?

9 Likes

That’s how you do a trailer. That final shot with the lipstick! :fire:

2 Likes

Yeah I had reservations about a sequel 'cos Joker was a banger but have to say it looks great. Supposed to be a musical isnt it?

1 Like

I think it looks great too, and I was certain it would be awful when they said it would be musical. If anything, I think I just want to see Joaquin do it again, because it looks like he’s delivering.

Evidently the director clarified that it isn’t a musical in the traditional sense, but will be adjacent and that music will factor in quite a bit to the narrative.

That sounds much more appealing me. I find musicals largely awful (there’s one for the what don’t you get thread), but that gives me hope. Weaving music into a narrative is not the same as weaving a narrative with music.

1 Like

Well well Fallout review – an absolute blast of a TV show | Television | The Guardian

3 Likes

Looks incredible. Coogan too!

2 Likes

I really enjoyed Ripley, thought it was gonna be pretentious, but was pleasantly surprised, actor that plays Ripley did a great study on DSM 5 michavellian / psycopath traits

1 Like

Finally saw Poor Things - LOVED it - how good is Emma Stone?

10 Likes

I thought i was going to hate it, but its class

This is what my mate said after seeing it

7 Likes