What are you watching?

Just watched this, good stuff, fascinating to watch how they managed to get all these mega stars, and egos, to work together for a few hrs.
Some funny scenes, including Waylon Jennings refusing to sing in Swahili, Al Jarreau trying to sing his part whilst pissed up, Stevie Wonder guiding Ray Charles to the toilets & Bob Dylan looking permanently bewildered.

2 Likes

Love on the Spectrum.

I seem to have something in my eye. Tanner is such a lovely kind young man.

2 Likes

I bawled my eyes at out several times during season two. Especially at David and Abbey.

1 Like

Oh god they’re adorable together.

The conversation they had about the type of snacks they’d have at the wedding followed by their rendition of “Can you feel the love tonight” had me in bits.

1 Like

Exactly this. And the moment where they (and their families) hugged whilst they looked out over the savanna. Wholesome.

2 Likes

That’s exactly the word I was looking for. It’s such wholesome viewing.

Seeing them full of joy and hope despite some of the adversities they have to face, and the way their friends and family are with them, puts everything into perspective.

Happy tears!

1 Like

Archie, the Cary Grant thing on ITV. It’s a bit ITV but great performance from the lead, and lovely outfits of course. And, what a story.

I think i’m going to watch Monster and that Nightclubbing: The Birth of Punk Rock in NYC docu tonight.

2 Likes

Monster was excellent.

Watched this last night, seen it a few times but love it, one of my favourite films of this century, great soundtrack as well.

5 Likes

Believe this one used “Don’t Change” by INXS over the end credits if I recall? Great use of a great song (maybe the best INXS ever made in my opinion). Really good film too.

1 Like

Yeah it does, great track.

1 Like

The guy from Modern Talking insisting that he didn’t rip off Spanish fans for cancelling a concert with no notice and not reimbursing anyone

Incredible popping!

4 Likes

Tonights viewing…

1 Like

Losing me after 4 episodes :pensive:

2 Likes

Same. It’s just got a bit dull. Too many familiar tropes…

3 Likes

Feels like they are desperately trying to live up the brilliance of season 1 but not quite managing it.

3 Likes

Here’s the blaxploitation film Friday Foster in hi def on YouTube and starring Pam Grier, Yaphet Kotto, Eartha Kitt, Jim Backus, Scatman Crothers, Carl Weathers and Ted Lange!

2 Likes

I’m definitely going to be watching this. Out very soon hopefully in the cinema.

8 Likes