What are you watching?

The meet up show afterwards, she made out like they were still best friends, pity she didn’t tell her face that though. I bet she fucking hates him! :joy:

1 Like

4 out of 5? Really? No idea what Lucy has been imbibing but this was utter shite and not even in a good way. I’d give it 1 and that’s kind.

2 Likes

Oh shit! That bad?? I was looking forward to this, still gonna watch it tho

Ooooofffff…was planning on starting it tonight

1 Like

Yeah such vibes from all the finalists towards him I thought

1 Like

I’m watching it. It’s a bit rubbish but it’s watchable in the mix tbh. If you want something to blitz through it’s passable and you won’t feel soiled afterwards…

2 Likes

Well we’d watched Masters of the Air before so might be a bit rough on it.
Deffo not 4/5 tho.

Lucy Mangan routinely gives utter turd rave reviews.

3 Likes

Great series, watching it now for the first time

Enjoying Simon Reeve’s wilderness on bbc2

6 Likes

Always enjoyed his shows

1 Like

Just finished the new Fargo series with Juno Temple and John Hamm.

I absolutely loved it. Brilliant moving satire of Trump’s America.

5 Likes

Taibo the gaucho! Definitely shot a puma on the sly. Having been to Patagonia a couple of times I can verify it is that amazing and more. Unbelievable place.

4 Likes

Taibo the gaucho and his assistant were cool as…
Bread beef and red wine breakfast lunch and dinner.
Their garms were tidy as well :sunglasses:
What a place to work so beautiful!

4 Likes

I watched All Quiet on the Western Front on Saturday. Hard going. Brutal and extremely gory.

Couldn’t help but feel like I’ve seen all the same sorts of tropes in other films though.

1 Like

Saw our first stinker of the year. The Nest, with Jude Law. Really surprising to see it so highly rated.

Director Sean Durkin’s Martha Marcy May Marlene was brilliant and unforgettable, so we wanted to see what he’d done next. Sadly The Nest was an interminable slog. 80s period piece that somehow tries to be commentary on Thatcher-era capitalism and a not-quite-supernatural A24 thriller. Even the music choices were cliched.

1 Like

As beautiful as it looked, I know I wouldn’t last 5 minutes there :joy:

Anatomy of a fall was excellent
Has stayed with me… as a dissection of relationships and how they really work I thought it was great… but really the central performance is what makes it she’s superb

6 Likes

Oh that’s a shame.

Really enjoyed Martha Marcy May Marlene. The tension was palpable all the way through.

1 Like

Totally agree. What a powerful film. It made me investigate the French court system, which as it turns out, is vastly different to ours!

1 Like