What are you watching?

One for the London history nerds. Great stuff!

Related thread > https://twitter.com/mulberrycoates/status/1668211330644430853?s=61

5 Likes

Across The Spiderverse.

A dizzying, dazzling treat. Didnt think the original could be topped. See it on the biggest screen you can find. Its not for kids!

5 Likes

Matt Berry vibes :smile:

1 Like

Flamin’ Hot on Disney+. Nice tv about a hot sauce business :smiley:

2 Likes

The Pez Outlaw, the story of how one working class guy made a fortune and ran rings around a huge corporation after discovering the obsessive world of Pez collectors.

AAAABVlY_nMWdRgpXeRItzB58tO47SJOiDgFcDMQuYqExYSbKaC9hOGfODONpxXp-vjo2mOgbGgfxSFs1Fni0cO06GO3KtSKGdP-6wR0

1 Like

I put off watching the first one for ages - what a mistake, this is on the “sooner rather than later” list for sure.

Still haven’t seen the first, now I’m convinced. Will watch

1 Like

Black mirror season 6 episode 1 delivered. Very impressive.

3 Likes

Thought this was v. entertaining. Thanks for the rec.

1 Like

Just finished this series. Absolutely brilliant and very moving. Essential TV.

2 Likes

My boy Kent Cheng in the house.

Watched Across the Spider-Verse yesterday. A lot of the joy of the first one was how unexpected it was. Seems they felt obliged to make this one epic and, in doing so, lost a fair bit of the soul. Given a two hour runtime, I think they could have pretty easily trimmed the story down and closed it out.

On the plus side, wildly visually inventive and more enjoyable than 99% of the blockbuster / franchise films out there.

4 Likes

Watched it with my oldest today. Overlong and over complex in comparison to the first but visually spectacular nonetheless.

2 Likes

Think @Balearic_Clapton mentioned Poker Face, just got round to watching first episode, quite entertaining although now looks to be turning into a road trip type thing…see where it goes.

Apparently the top film stunt ever in the Guardian via Jonny Trunk, to be fair the last one is pretty impressive:

3 Likes

The Change, new Bridgette Christie on C4. Very promising.

3 Likes

Just watched two episodes, is Hares on the mountain the theme song.? Both ended with it.

1 Like

Went to see The Flash yesterday. As Superhero films go, it was pretty decent. Definitely the best of the mess that was suppsed to be the DCEU, and great to see Michael Keaton as Batman again. But I wish this multi-verse trend would end. Just feels like lazy story telling to me, where you can just bring back old characters or supplant characters from other IP. Its just fan service and delivers less impact in each film they trot it out with.

1 Like

thanks for the tip on The Gallows Pole. top quality!

1 Like

Might make that my morning commute from now on…