What are you watching?

i tried the facebook version (oculus? i can’t remember) and it was fun for about three minutes. then i started feeling a little bit claustrophobic and self-conscious of the fact that i looked like an absolute idiot waving around the room at nothing. i kept thinking i’d get pickpocketed or kicked in the junk with absolutely no defense.

4 Likes

Yeah hear you, but my kids live in Fortnite with a headphones/mic and this is just a step on. Sad to say but it’ll be the next thing imo. We got moaned at about TV. I moan about Snapchat etc….rinse and repeat :joy:

1 Like

i’m one of the small crowd of ppl who absolutely love vr but really i just play the same two games with the same group of friends that i have for ~6 years now. it was especially nice during the covid restrictions.
in some ways, to me, the ultimate value is just in having something easy and casual to do in the background to make having conversations easier. i have some mental barrier to calling some family members because i don’t have anything to talk about or am avoiding talking about something. however, it’s easy to hop on a game of vr mini golf and just spend time “together” in an environment that doesnt take and time or effort to get to. it can have the relaxing effect of watching tv with someone but obv much more interactive and you can have talk over it.

i’m priced out of the apple one, and it’s not something i’d ever wear around other people, but since i’m a believer of the potential it’s nice to see that vr/ar/etc is not quite dead yet

5 Likes

beautiful human, beautiful music

6 Likes

This is excellent. Hard going but essential viewing IMO

1 Like

Started it this week too, hard going at times but essential indeed.

Also started The Gallows Pole last night, loved the 1st episode…

2 Likes

Looking forward to watching The Gallows pole, soundtrack should be good.

2 Likes

It is. The actual programme felt a bit short and could have gone for another few episodes tbh.

1 Like

Balearic AF

4 Likes

Watched Episode 3 last night. It hit hard

1 Like

It was the two British lads being dragged out of the car that did me in. Absolutely awful

1 Like

Saw this on your Instagram. Can’t stop watching it!

1 Like
1 Like

Reality

I had no idea about this story. A US intelligence employee leaked a secret document about how the Russians meddled in the 2016 elections. The entire film is made from FBI dialogue during the arrest. Sydney Sweeney is great in the lead role. Tight & taut at only 90 mins long

4 Likes

Watched it last week really enjoyed it, she played a great role…

1 Like

Is God a Number? (Netflix)

More ‘90’s maths psychedelia gold. Unintentionally hilarious. The presenter is :ok_hand: Best enjoyed stoned.

2 Likes

Tonight, we have a double bill from the director of Tetsuo: The Iron Man. And maybe a couple of Shaw Bros flicks too.

The Idol Sky
Loved Euphoria but really not sure Depp Junior can carry this new series from Levinson. I couldn’t finish the first episode but the Mrs finished it last night and doesn’t think it’s too bad.
Dunno…

I watched it because my 16yr old wants to watch it. Looks great and I have no idea where the show is going

I’ll wait for episode 2.
I’m no fan of Depp so thank god she looks like her mum…

1 Like

Jools Holland with Eddie Chacon