What are you watching?

6 Likes

watched Ad Astra now that it’s streaming free on Netflix

i’ve changed my opinion on brad pitt, especially since the lives of others, inglorious bastards and this which also has a great soundtrack by max richter.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Watched this yesterday and loved it!

1 Like

Rye lane is on Disney plus. I liked that one. Sweet film.

2 Likes

That’s a great show, my girlfriend forced my hand to watch it (not a big tv watcher) and am very glad she did. Ebon Moss-Bachrach is great in Girls as well.

1 Like

Watched the trailer for S2 last night, really looking forward to it!

1 Like

binged colin from accounts. brilliant tv.

8 Likes

The latest Succession episode was proper stress TV.

6 Likes

I thought it had taken a dip the last few episodes but this was right back in the game, imo

1 Like

When Ken goes out to make the phone call and Shiv’s face…ooof. Also, Greggles and Tom Wom - best comedy duo since Mark and Jez (same writer, innit)

4 Likes

Enjoying Silo on Apple. Gearing up to be a great pot boiler. A dystopian mystery about a community that live in an underground ‘silo’ and have no idea why they are there

Also Brian Jones & The Rolling Stones was decent on BBC2 last night. Should be on iplayer

8 Likes

Yeah second the Brian Jones doc, really interesting and well put together. A complex character. Just seemed to get swallowed up by the whole machine really. Shame.

3 Likes

Mencken’s speech… chilling :scream:

3 Likes

Enys Men

Good! Weird! Cornish!

1 Like

DJ Ken Collier in 1991.

https://youtu.be/_BmXq39qmyY

8 Likes

Sussex vs Glamorgan at Hove cricket ground. Robinson 4 wickets before lunch, Glamorgan all out for 123, Pujara and Labauchagne getting 1 run off 3 balls between them, Steve Smith on 68 not out. Harvey’s Best on tap, boiled eggs, beetroot and sausages consumed over 8 hours in full sun.
Got an autograph from Smith and Labauchagne.
I’m not sure i’ve ever been happier or more sun burnt.
What an unbelievable day!

5 Likes

Just started rewatching The Americans on Disney+. Undercover soviet spies living as a family in America during the Cold War. Matthew Rhys and Keri Russell are absolutely superb.

It flew under the radar owing to poor scheduling, and the fact it was passed around multiple tv networks (ITV included).

2 Likes

Trainwreck- Woodstock 99 on Netflix.

It’s what happens when you mix frat boys, corporate greed,ageing hippy naivety, industrial drinking and drug use, MTV and awful skater punk acts such as Limp Bizkit, Offspring and Korn together.
Truly terrifying.

6 Likes

Truly terrifying indeed. Carnage.

1 Like

I might check this. Kerri Russell was good in The Diplomat.

1 Like