What are you watching?

Been liking The Diplomat on Netflix. Like a glossier cheesier version of The West Wing with some clichéd Britishness but entertaining all the same

1 Like

Thought it lost its way at times but overall pretty decent. Definitely leaves you wanting a Season 2!

1 Like

Dunno if anyone is watching Irish crime series called Kin? Loosely based on a criminal outfit of a similar name :roll_eyes:. First series was a bit silly but series 2 finished here last night and it’s been really good… The father of the family gets out of prison early in the series and plays a blinder… He would give you chills…

1 Like

Looking forward to the return of this

10 Likes

Guilt season 3

More daft, but enjoyable nonsense. All about Mark Bonnar for me. The best thing about it is it’s filmed in all my old stomping ground.

4 Likes

same stomping ground, although they did lose me around some corners, eh?!

1 Like

Yeah it’s funny watching something that’s filmed somewhere you know well.

The new Storyville doc on the Attica prison riot. Usual Storyville quality

The Recruit is hammy, silly fun. A very unserious spy drama that’s totally enjoyable.

1 Like

Started watching The Other Two - US comedy about two floundering millennial siblings who must grapple with their 13-year-old brother’s overnight fame. Will appeal to anybody who likes American shows like Party Down - strong cast, risque jokes etc.

3 Likes

Can’t remember if I’ve mentioned this already, but so far so good on Apple+

5 Likes

This is on BBC4 at 10 tonite, part of the Storyville series, sounds good if a hard watch maybe.

4 Likes

Hooked on Colin From Accounts after it being mentioned by quite a few of you on here.

5 Likes

Citadel on Prime

I’m a sucker for a bit of spy / espionage action and this comes with a great cast and big budget but I dont know, seems a bit sub par Bond / Bourne fare after one episode.

1 Like

That last Succession was a blinder, building steadily for a great denouement hopefully. The bit with Tom and Shiv was some great acting, considering neither of them are American, was totally lost in it. Still best thing on.

6 Likes

Just gets better, especially as you know it’s accelerating towards a cliff edge

1 Like

Well said Mr.Dury.

4 Likes

What a geezer. Would love to have seen him with The Blockheads at their height

2 Likes

Managed to catch him and the Blockheads at one of his last ever gigs. Shepherds Bush. Emotionally charged to say the least. Incredible band.

3 Likes

Oh amazing!

I saw The Blockheads with Phil Jupitus years ago. Norman Watt-Roy is such an incredible bassist, why he isn’t absolutely world famous is a real crime!

4 Likes