What are you watching?

Wonderful acting and writing in ep3.

1 Like

Just started Reservation Dogs, looks good so far.

We realised Frank was played by Murray Bartlett, he of Armand fame from first series of White Lotus, he’s good.

3 Likes

Held off on watching happy valley so I could binge it with the missus. About halfway through and totally amazed at Sarah Lancashire’s performance. A woman at the top of her game. Just wish I had rewatched the previous seasons as you easily forget the plot layering complexity in each one.

3 Likes

Bank Of Dave on Netflix, it’s heart is in the right place but jeez the script is terrible, awful clunky, cliche ridden dialogue and cardboard characters.

Loved this! Amazing

1 Like

Candy on Disney+ 3 episodes in and hooked, the way they have structured the narrative is very interesting and the sets, costumes and cinematography are all excellent. Started watching without knowing anything about the plot which has made it even better.

2 Likes

Fck yes that’s him. Just watched episode 3 tonight as only got see 2 during week. Wasn’t expecting the turn of events and it was beautifully acted and amazing episode… Really liking it…

2 Likes

I’ve watched it few months ago really enjoyed it. Is it only 4 episodes? Biel played a great role and the clothes are bang on…

1 Like

Yes, I didn’t recognise him initially. Such a great actor. Loved him in Lotus.

3 Likes

Silent Witness…why do I do it?! :rofl:

He’s in the reboot of Tales of the City too

1 Like

‘The Man Who Wanted To See It All’ a film on the incredible life of Heinz Stucke who travelled the world by bicycle for an unbelievable 51 years.

3 Likes

Nope. An excellent tight and taut mystery / sci fi thriller with some good twists. Awsome sound design too. Cant really talk about it too much without spoiling it

2 Likes

@Balearic_Clapton i missed Hania Rani when you posted that, oh so long ago. Just found her the other day via mention from Rocky on what might be Balearic nowadays. That’s a corker, I’ve just watched this one all the way through which I’ve equally enjoyed.

4 Likes

Love that. What a vibe.

1 Like

Finally got round to Aftersun as recommended here. Stunning movie, esp for a debut filmmaker. Some of the montage reminded me of Morvern Callar. Also made sense that it was produced by Barry Jenkins as the Moonlight vibes were strong! The relationship between father/daughter - we don’t have kids but I was in tears.

3 Likes

Any Sterns veterans on here? You’ll enjoy this!

https://youtu.be/Rzd8y9VYyJ8

2 Likes

Is everyone enjoying Last Of Us? Exceeding all expectations for me. Some pretty big deviations from the game in the last couple of episodes but its only enhnaced the characters and the world for the better.

7 Likes

Great isn’t it, video games being inspirational and groundbreaking, who knew. :wink:

2 Likes