What are you watching?

The Woking Dead one review said…

1 Like

After the reviews this week I was expecting to be blown away. Black summer grabbed me more initially but let’s see how it goes……

3 Likes

If it follows the plot beats of the game which it sounds like it will do, there should be some cracking episodes coming up. Folks might find it generic zombie fodder but theres more to it than that, the central plot is the arc of the two main characters

3 Likes

I watched the first episode of The Rig on Amazon.
Possibly the worst thing I’ve watched in years. And I’ve watched some right stinkers.

3 Likes

Now sucked into episode 2. Feels more on point than the usual hip hop documentaries.

2 Likes

The Menu on Disney+

Pretty wild satire on the haute cuisine scene with the Ralph Fiennes as the cult-ish head chef. Part willy wonka, part hunger games with shades of the white lotus. Directed by Mark Mylod who’s involved with Succession

4 Likes

My next door neighbour worked on the show, he told me about it 18 months ago and I said it sounds like it would be good if they got a decent cast and director but knowing Netflix it’ll be shite, he said that was the consensus amongst the crew! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Watched Control for the first time since it was released in 2007 last night as Mrs J_C had never seen it.

Sam Riley is excellent as Ian Curtis, his mannerisms whilst performing are spot on, the eyebrow raises, the thousand yard stare that Curtis had.

Impressive too that the actors performed those JD tunes themselves and were mostly pretty good.

Series 4 of Fauda just released on Netflix. Bit of guilty pleasure in many ways for me. I don’t know why i like it but i do. Feels like cheering for the wrong side but that’s a discussion for another place maybe. :joy:

1 Like

LOVE Fauda. Can’t wait to dive into new season.

Finally got round to seeing this last night. What an incredible film (as you say, it was developed from a stage play and it feels like it too). Feels like it will stay with me for a while.
& Hopkins deserves every award going for his performance.

1 Like

Need to see this

Also need to see this!

Yeah, really really good. Some usual talking heads but they really know thier onions obviously. Enjoyed the first episode which digs deeper past the well known Kool Herc / block party story back to the 60s and the conditions which led to Hip Hop

1 Like

The Menu is highly entertaining!

1 Like

Episode 1 and 2 of Your Honor season 2 I’ll be watching tonight
https://youtu.be/SQf1pv_yTD0

Yeah, I watched this over the weekend and enjoyed it.

Started on the last of us. I enjoyed it. Im a sucker for zombie shit and played both games tho.

Loving happey valley. Its a bit ridiculous at times but pretty decent tv.

‘Sound Business’ is on BFI now. Great documentary following the Coxsone and Young Lion sounds in the early 80s.

As a more sober partner piece, ‘Being Blacker’ is well worth a watch. Ostensibly about Blacker Dread’s (formerly of Coxsone) later years, but really more about how successive generations have been comprehensively failed by the system in the UK.

3 Likes

In my top ten greatest tv shows of all time. It’s absolutely brilliant

1 Like