What are you watching?

Will be watching episode 1 of The Last of us tonight…Thanks to people on here :+1:

3 Likes

I binged it during Lockdown having never seen it before. Epic in the true sense of the word.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m starting this soon. I got really into the uk one in the end. I wondered if the guy who was the last traitor would find his work and personal life affected as he was a bit too good.

I rewatched during lockdown too … this is my third time around!

2 Likes

Emily the Criminal. Top thriller/social commentary and a great role for Aubrey Plaza. Highly entertaining.

4 Likes

Yes, we watched that on the weekend, after @Tomi_V recommended it - Aubrey Plaza is great, and really couldn’t tell which way it was going to go towards the end.

Has anyone seen Black Bear? Planning to watch, but interested to know if it’s any good.

2 Likes

Really enjoyed this last night, didn’t know anything about the game as I only heard of it last week on here. Well worth a watch

1 Like

Yes, was a strong start. Any fears it wasnt going to live up to its source material well and truly buried. Mostly world building and scene setting but its a hell of a ride from here on out. Some reviewers who have seen the whole series are saying episode 3 might be the TV event of the year

2 Likes

Great first episode … know nothing about the game so taking it as it comes

1 Like

Oof. I’d argue Mad Men is the greatest TV show!

3 Likes
1 Like

100% the best thing I watched last year was Station Eleven. Don’t be put off by the notion that it’s about the pandemic. It was written before Covid and … well… it’s absolutely magic. For context - I am an old jaded fellow who find joy in very few things. Here’s a teaser: https://twitter.com/Station11onmax/status/1478423686273134594?s=20&t=gm9q7cjnZcswZulXLgjroQ

2 Likes

Cheers for that :+1: another one that slipped under my radar…

1 Like

Definitely in my top three!

1 Like

binged 4 episodes last night. it’s really good. alan cumming as the host is brilliant. main difference with the uk one is there are minor celebrities along with normal folk. the guardian review says that episode 8 is tv gold, can’t wait haha.

Hooked me in already…

1 Like

This looks like it should be worth a look. 9pm tonight, BBC2

6 Likes

Started watching Mr In-Between on Disney +. Aussie comedy drama about a hitman/debt collector. Very funny, 30min episodes, really good characters and writing.

3 Likes

Does the Last of Us get better? It opened like absolutely every Zombie film/TV show you’ve ever seen and was formulaic and boring AF.

The new Walking Dead?

2 Likes

Recently discovered After Dark on Channel 4 (before my time, unavailable in US). The concept and format is amazing and should be relaunched. The only full episode I could find was on the failures of British intelligence: put some shadowy figures, a former Secretary, eccentric writers, and a conspiracy theorist in a room for three hours with booze. Now that’s entertainment! I’d really like to find the episode with Billy Bragg and Tory nut Teresa Gorman on unemployment; or Bianca Jagger dunking on US officials about the Contras.