What are you watching?

Adventure Time and Regular Show are two cartoons that my kids got me onto. Superb.

1 Like

TOTP 1983 on BBC4, a mad one so far, from Sharon Redd to Keith Harris & Orville to the sublime ‘Sign Of The Times’ by The Bellestars

7 Likes

Just watched ‘defiant jazz’
Wow

4 Likes

Avatar 2. A soggy, bloated trillion dollar beached whale of a movie. There’s no doubt that James Cameron deserves respect for his many game changing films, not least the first Avatar which changed the face of blockbuster movies and cinema in general to a degree. But unfortunately here we have a weak retread of the first film with many of the same major plot beats trotted out. Big Vietnam vibes again too: heavily armoured aggressors burning indigenous villages etc. Not a great sign you’re looking at your watch an hour in to a three and a half hour screening. There’s at least a 10 minute sequence of a character talking to a space whale, I kid you not. Undoubtedly, it looks stunning and the effects are possibly the best ever committed to film, and arguably its actually an animated movie which is kind of the problem. It’s all front and no trousers. There’s no heart, story or any characters to care about. I was almost rooting for the baddies by the end. Hard to fathom there’s another four sequels in the works. That’s 15 hours I won’t be wasting on this form.

7 Likes

Flicked through that last night, I love those old shows. Early 80s you had variety acts & stuff your gran liked mixing it up with post-punk & synthpop. What a time.

2 Likes

What an episode.

1 Like

So good. Have watched the whole thing twice.

2 Likes

Paula Scher documentary on Netflix

1 Like

I didn’t realise this was adapted from a book. Loved the film. Had a great soundtrack if I remember right.

Just back from watching M3GAN with my 14 year old. An enjoyable comedy ‘horror’. I mean, it’s not going to win any awards, and one of the chaps in it seems incapable of acting, but that aside it was good fun.

3 Likes

Rewatching The Sopranos for the third time. Still the greatest TV show ever made, and repeated viewings always brings new appreciation of scenes you didn’t recognise as being genius first time around.

10 Likes

I’ve never watched it. Not sure why. Might be my plane show this year.

Just finished watching The Traitors on the iplayer. It goes on a bit too long (don’t all these series…) but can recommend if looking for something to watch with your partner/the family, it gets strong opinions going in the lounge!

1 Like

I enjoyed this - it’s reality trash but a really fun watch and great to see how the contestants behaved. The overall arc of the show was very satisfying. It was mad how weepy people got but I can only imagine some of the stress levels they endured in there!

I envy any first-timer!

2 Likes

Yeah, I thought it was really well produced and put together. It was crazy how emotional everyone got - really interesting psychologically to see the herd mentality in decision-making but also how most people’s picks were based on emotional attachment and who they liked/didn’t like rather than any sense of logic.

1 Like

loved it. the US version is now on too :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah totally agree - zero logic at play at any stage LOL

Ha, thanks for the tip!

I’ve been laid up for the last 10 days with a trapped nerve in my neck. On the plus side it’s given me chance to watch a lot of tele and drink a lot of whisky.

I’ve really enjoyed Slow Horses and Ted Lasso on Apple Tv (free for 6months if you have EE mobile).
The Menu was fun as well.
Happy Valley is heavy dub.
The Missing is pretty rubbish but i persevered despite the nagging feeling all the way through that I’d seen it before.
Just started Breaking Bad again with my daughter, probably a bit full on for her but she wants to watch BCS and i guess you have to watch BB first.
The Bear on disney is the best thing i’ve seen in ages.
I’m now mainly watching my weight. I’ve put on half a stone in 10 days through inactivity, booze and snacks.

6 Likes