What are you watching?

Literally cannot wait for S2 of Severance.

7 Likes

On my list

1 Like

One to watch over the holiday
https://youtu.be/qM1sv_gQGxw

2 Likes
4 Likes

Enjoyed this one shown over Christmas about the major Irish outdoor music festivals in the 80s: How Ireland Rocked the 80’s

(Link might only work in Ireland, PM me if you’re interested in watching it)

1 Like

Been binging it over Xmas. On episode 7. Absolutely loving it. Best TV I’ve seen all year.

1 Like

Best show this year for me too. The last episode is an absolute corker!

Atlanta came a close second.

1 Like

Totally agree. Atlanta was a different beast and setting some serious content/writing standards but the concept and delivery of Severance is more than next level.

Never knew Ben Stiller had so much game.

1 Like

Yeah that came as a surprise to me too.

If you think about his choice of acting movies they have always been slightly left field which kind of makes sense now.

1 Like

Watched the first part of Mayflies on BBC1 last nite, it’s set in Scotland and is about 2 lifelong friends, now in middle age, coming to terms with one of them being diagnosed with terminal cancer, wasn’t as bleak as that sounds.
Martin Compston and Tony Curran play the main parts.
Music plays a prominent part, lots of great post punk in the flashback scenes of their 80s youth, looks great as well.
2nd part tonight.

2 Likes

I read the book a few years back, it’s very good

1 Like

Banshees of Inisheren on Disney, Detectorists special on BBC iplayer.
Both took us to a very happy place this last week.
Having watched a couple of short docs about the making of both programmes since, it is very clear that the love put in, and the ‘easy vibes’ on set, during the filming and the sheer enjoyment of all involved has translated to the screen.
Very different in their own ways but sheer quality I think.

4 Likes

Loved both. Saw ‘the banshees’ at the cinema and it was a real joy to watch a quiet film. No bangs or fx just nature and a story. And the Detectorists is sort of similar isn’t it. Just beautiful tv.

6 Likes

Didn’t know there was a detectorists special. Will check that out!

3 Likes

It’s a beauty. I might put it on this lazy, wet afternoon. :grinning:

2 Likes

Also binged Severance over Xmas. Really good, so different. Lot of questions to be answered eh.

If you’ve not seen it check out Escape From Dannemora which Ben Stiller directed. Also features Patricia Arquette and based on a true story

4 Likes

I have kids so I went to the cinema to watch Strange World. I know it’s been panned but honestly watching it with my kids - 3, 6 and 9 - was great. They enjoyed the scale of it and the reveal at the end was loved by my kids. I enjoyed it.

We also sent to see Puss In Boots and there is no way, shape or form that is a kids movie. Dark in places, and so much nudge nudge wink wink that is made SpongeBob seem subtle. Again, I enjoyed it but it scared the shit out of my 3 year old.

1 Like

‘Banshees’ was great! Decision to Leave is on deck for us tonight…

1 Like

Genuinely jealous of all of you who get to watch adult shows.

5 Likes