What are you watching?

Anyone with kids, the new Matilda film is brilliant, I even enjoyed it myself, and I’ve never said that about a musical before!

2 Likes

The source for the best muppets song.

https://youtu.be/rFY-OW0VSXI

4 Likes

We rewatch the Nureyev appearance every year around the holidays -

not only content to be accosted by Miss Piggy in the sauna

he does one on Tchaikovsky with “Swine Lake”

Looking forward to episode 6 tonight

1 Like

We watched that documentary about Robert Downey Sr on Netflix last night.
I thought it was great. He made what look like incredible films. Including this one, sort of.

1 Like

on my watchlist.

2 Likes

Haven’t seen it mentioned, but thought Bad Sisters on Apple was great - took a couple of episodes to get in to it, but after that was hooked. And the dryrobe scenes made me laugh after some previous posts by @Nice2CU2CUNice

1 Like

Haha haven’t watched that yet, here’s one local group, they call themselves the pink ladies
IMG_20221206_185308
all year round swimmers so fair play to them, alot braver than me. The signs popped up when the gyms closed during the lock downs and you had every sort of arse hole out here in these gowns drinking coffee and peacocking around like they just swam the channel, most never even got in the water…

5 Likes

Just ordered one for my Mrs for Christmas then come here and see this again :person_facepalming::weary: As you say though, she’ll be in the sea tomorrow morning. I won’t .

3 Likes

Just a quickie to say that the How to with John Wilson series is now on BBCiplayer. It’s really good :+1:

4 Likes

Ha ha my Mrs swims couple of times a week near our house, she doesn’t care what people wear or look at nonsense on SM. Her aunt gave her one to try a few years ago, it wasn’t for her she felt very claustrophobic and kinda took bite out of the cold swim she went for…

1 Like

She’s just borrowed an old tweed overcoat of mine for tomorrow as she’d given her coat to her mother. I’m not sure fashion is her thing either but it gets me off the hook pressie-wise :joy::+1:

1 Like

A TV show I saw on the plane in Canada about a hockey goon named Shoresy. I genuinely haven’t laughed that hard in years.

1 Like

UK folks will have to VPN this one, but Colin From Accounts is a great Australian dramadey that is much better than the trailer portrays. You’ll love it, your other half with love it, it’s sweet and funny.

On the opposite end of the Aussie spectrum is this nightmare. I chanced upon this 2017 documentary last night on Amazon Prime and was suitably shaken by it’s darkness, sadness and depiction of an era of disgrace many of us assume was left in the past, but is in fact, still very much alive and well in remote Australia.

Described in one review as “a deeply uncomfortable look at toxic masculinity, male domination of public spaces through microaggressions, and the binge drinking culture that rots small mining towns”, it’s not for everyone, but it’s certainly a fly on the wall look at a life most of us will never inhabit. An ad for Australian tourism this is not.

4 Likes

You ca get Hotel Coolgardie on YouTube. Grim but fascinating in equal measures.

1 Like

Given the subject matter, this was an incredibly well-made film.

1 Like

Going to watch this. Fascinating!

I recommend Prof Sue Black’s book on a similar vibe. She’s a forensic anthropologist.

1 Like

The White Lotus finale

Initial fears it wasnt up to series 1 quality all but erased. Masterful TV

9 Likes

Completely agree. By far and away my favourite series of the year. Each story played out so delicately, giving you enough to be hooked but without ever giving you too much. The Daphne/Ethan scene on the beach was perfect.

4 Likes

Yep, yep yep. The tension at the end was incredible.

2 Likes