What are you watching?

here’s the podcast for anyone curious

1 Like
1 Like

That was really good, the one about the tennis player Mardy Fish in that series is great as well.

1 Like

Yeah I agree, watched that one last year, good series.
I’m a sucker for sports & music docs in general

Murders in the building with Martin Short, Steve Martin and Selena Gomez is brilliant TV. 2 seasons so far and well worth the time.

2 Likes

These might have been posted before, apologies if so:

Hobo: early 90s doc about the hobos who ride the rails across america.
https://youtu.be/1i57Ry6TYkE

This is the Last Dam Run of Likker I’ll Ever Make: About Popcorn Sutter, moonshiner

New Age Travellers - Teenage Diaries - Between Two Worlds:
A doc i vaguely remember seeing as a child about a young girl growing up with travelling people. I remember thinking the fact she could go to raves was quite cool at the time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCdp3G2tDNI&ab_channel=NewAgeTravellers

Mark Salud Amiga Mod Techno Jamz on Yourself Presents

6 Likes

Yes we are watching it at the moment. Really good :+1:

I have no idea at the thought processes going on there - they have so much to choose from in the marvel universe, why would they pick such a tedious story / team ?

Yes Eternals is a stinker and the worst Marvel film by a long, long way. It should have been decent in the hands of Chloe Zhao but I’ve heard theories she was hired to give them some cred and the movie was a victim of studio meddling. Apparently a sequel has been greenlit as well :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

It seemed like a lot of little stories woefully under explored put together with painter’s tape and a prayer.

I seem to be in a minority and I really don’t understand the love that Jordan Peele gets. I thought that Get Out and Us were both absolute stinkers.

I should have trusted my prior judgement, Nope is spectacularly shit. What a fucking turkey. That’s it I’m officially out now, I’ll never watch another of his films

3 Likes

Videodrome is on now and it’s still as wacky as first time watching it…

1 Like

A perennial favorite. In 2010 my (elderly) in-laws were here from Russia and it was playing at a small art house. We took them and my wife and I took turns on the simultaneous translation. What an evening.

2 Likes

‘Nope’ at the big screen last night. Really enjoyed it and a great take on the genre.

No spoilers but I will say that the sound production on it is amazing and a reminder of how good films seen at the cinema are. I realise it’s becoming a luxury these days but it will be sad to see Netflix etc inevitably wipe out cinemas.

2 Likes

Irma Vep :dizzy_face:

1 Like

The Phil lynott documentary Songs for while I’m away

1 Like

Still very funny

How To with John Wilson, one of my fave shows of the past few years, has finally landed in the UK on iPlayer. I’ve never seen anything like this show - its very funny, very weird and very much recommended! Essential viewing!

8 Likes

Brilliant can’t wait, think this was mentioned very early on in lockdown but unavailable here.

2 Likes

At least it started with Alfredo. Now on Manumission. It’s short pieces on various people. Have a feeling it’s all downhill from here but it’s quite interesting.

https://www.netflix.com/title/81471150?s=i&trkid=13747225

4 Likes